Carey Price is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Price is being exposed this season (and last season) for what he really is, an average NHL goalie

He had one good season, where his team and defense made him look better then he really is,

He has done zero in the playoffs when things matter,

I wish we traded him in the summer of 2015
Ahh OK this is how your mind works:

Good numbers with Good Defense core = Overrated goalie
Bad numbers with Bad D = Bad Goaltender

Common man, give your head a shake. The reality is that the Habs LHD side is AHL caliber. They simply cannot effectively defend against any team (watch the games if you haven't).

How many cross ice passes can he stop per game?

Always worrying about the cross ice pass gets to a goaltenders head and will lead to not covering angles well. Any goaltender with the Habs LHD would not be a league leader in any category; there's just too many skilled players on every team in the league now.

Yes, Carey Price has not played up to standards but can people actually analyze a situation here without getting over emotional? We get it, people like a good story but we should try analyzing things more rationally before jumping to conclusions, it's so annoying. Please remember that things always grey, not black and white.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
He's got Jose Theodore syndrome. Win a Hart Trophy, then a couple of years later, just turn into a complete shell of yourself. It's really a shame, because as much as I don't like the Habs, I do genuinely like Carey Price. I hope he finds his game again.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Ahh OK this is how your mind works:

Good numbers with Good Defense core = Overrated goalie
Bad numbers with Bad D = Bad Goaltender

Common man, give your head a shake. The reality is that the Habs LHD side is AHL caliber. They simply cannot effectively defend against any team (watch the games if you haven't).

So when Carey Price wins the Vezina it's because Carey Price is the best goalie in the world, but when Carey Price stinks for two seasons we blame the team in front of him?

Okay, I get it now :rolleyes:

People keep saying how bad and horrible Toronto's defense is, and it's not any better then what we have in Montreal,

So why can Andersen put up the numbers he is posting behind a defense that is just as bad?

Andersen is just a better goalie, that's why

We are paying Price to be the best goalie in the league, and to be a difference maker, and he is not any of that,

He constantly gets outplayed by goalies making half his salary,

If all we wanted was an average middle of the pack goalie we could have had that for 5 million,

So explain to me why price is worth 10+ million? because I just don't get it

Great goalies don't need a great defense to make them look that way, they are great all by themselves

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
He’s really not that bad. Still puts up some really good performances despite his garbage numbers this season. Not worth that much money but it is what it is. He looks much better than last year

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Why is this being posted now when he's been playing well? lol

he is NOT PLAYING WELL!

how can anybody be satisfied with the numbers he is posting when he is the highest paid goalie out there!!

he is 45th in the whole damn league in SV%...and 42nd in GAA....you call that playing well? there are only 31 teams! LOL!

That means he is worse then every other starting goalie and most backups too!!

How is that playing well?

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
So when Carey Price wins the Vezina it's because Carey Price is the best goalie in the world, but when Carey Price stinks for two seasons we blame the team in front of him?

People keep saying how bad and horrible Toronto's defense is, and it's not any better then what we have in Montreal,

So why can Andersen put up the numbers he is posting behind a defense that is just as bad?

We are paying Price to be the best goalie in the league, and to be a difference maker, and he is not any of that,

If all we wanted was an average middle of the pack goalie we could have had that for 5 million,

Great goalies don't need a great defense to make them look that way, they are great all by themselves
Just saw that you joined today and every single one of your posts you've bashed the Habs even though your username is HabsFreak. Nice troll account lol. Last comment you'll get from me.

Note the bolded. You know what happened the last 2 season? They lost their only top 4 LHD :) Coincidence? Since you aren't actually a Habs fan, I was referring to Andrei Markov.

As I mentioned earlier, we should wait until he has a legit top 4 LHD in front of him before judging.

Reactions: Kimota

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Just saw that you joined today and every single one of your posts you've bashed the Habs even though your username is HabsFreak. Nice troll account lol. Last comment you'll get from me.

Note the bolded. You know what happened the last 2 season? They lost their only top 4 LHD :) Coincidence? Since you aren't actually a Habs fan, I was referring to Andrei Markov.

As I mentioned earlier, we should wait until he has a legit top 4 LHD in front of him before judging.

so now your blaming Markov for Price's poor play?....Lol...NICE!

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
so now your blaming Markov for Price's poor play?....Lol...NICE!
Uhmm... no lol. Do you know how to read? I'm blaming our LHD for his poor play. That is why I brought up Markov leaving which coincided with your "Stinks for two years" comment. Anyways, you're good a getting under my skin. That will be all.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Uhmm... no lol. Do you know how to read? I'm blaming our LHD for his poor play. That is why I brought up Markov leaving which coincided with your "Stinks for two years" comment. Anyways, you're good a getting under my skin. That will be all.

I meant your blaming the lack of Markov for his poor play,

like I said, great goalies dont need a great D

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC

So you're saying that Bergevin should travel back in time to the time of the contract signing, and that it would make total and complete sense for him to tell Price "I can see that you're not going to be worth a big salary because you're not that important to our team, so here's 6 million, f*** off if you don't like it" despite that he swept the goalie awards one year and was consistently one of the best performing goalies for many years around that time, still had a ton of potential, and widely regarded as one of if not the most intimidating goalie in the league according to players and coaches league-wide. Cool.

Watch the games.
Stop reading stat lines.
Quit the "bad contract" narrative.
It's a garbage excuse to crap on an extremely good goalie that you expect to steal every game like it's a piece of cake.

Reactions: Favster

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
So you're saying that Bergevin should travel back in time to the time of the contract signing, and that it would make total and complete sense for him to tell Price "I can see that you're not going to be worth a big salary because you're not that important to our team, so here's 6 million, **** off if you don't like it" despite that he swept the goalie awards one year and was consistently one of the best performing goalies for many years around that time, still had a ton of potential, and widely regarded as one of if not the most intimidating goalie in the league according to players and coaches league-wide. Cool.

Watch the games.
Stop reading stat lines.
Quit the "bad contract" narrative.
It's a garbage excuse to crap on an extremely good goalie that you expect to steal every game like it's a piece of cake.
That guy is a troll account lol. Not worth answering.

Reactions: Danger Zone

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
he is NOT PLAYING WELL!

how can anybody be satisfied with the numbers he is posting when he is the highest paid goalie out there!!

he is 45th in the whole damn league in SV%...and 42nd in GAA....you call that playing well? there are only 31 teams! LOL!

This post is literally the reason why stats need to be used in context.

Prices stats this year don’t tell the whole story. Example the two Washington games and the San Jose game on Sunday.

Reactions: Kimota

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
he is NOT PLAYING WELL!

He has been playing well lately, troll. Stop living in stats and watch the f***ing games.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

This is true. Andersen & Gibson face too many high quality scoring chances & forced to make big saves. It absolutely raises my blood pressure watching it, save after save of what looks like will be a goal.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
tumblr_inline_p1brmcd9Dk1rr08jv_500.jpg

member 151739

This post is literally the reason why stats need to be used in context.

Prices stats this year don’t tell the whole story. Example the two Washington games and the San Jose game on Sunday.

They do tell the whole story, actually. Some people just don't like reality.

Reactions: Marcus

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
They do tell the whole story, actually. Some people just don't like reality.

They really don’t though, especially when it comes to goalies.

So by your measure of standard, Crawford, Holtby Jones are bad goalies also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad