Carey Price is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Discuss.

In a season where goalies have a average sv% lower than what it usually is, Price is still well below that mark.

I figured at the time MTL would regret that contract, but his decline has been steeper than even I thought

Reactions: Generational like

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He has like a 3.10 GAA and .895 SV% or whatever it is in his last 70 games going back to last season. Saying he’s bad is an understatement at this point and I say that as someone who’s always supported him.

Has our defense been bad? Yes, but when you pay a goalie that much you expect him to be able to bail them out somewhat with respectable numbers at the very least.

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm kind of loving this, even though I actually like Price. There's a guy at work that's been on me about how much better he thinks Price is than Lundqvist. He's been a bit quiet this year! :D

I do hope that Price figures it out though, he seems like a good guy and I can't imagine he's feeling good about this.

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
Marc, that contract... woof

og_img.png

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Unique thread is unique.

he's been much better since Weber got back and the defense has settle down. He's also the only reason we are up by 3 right now. Playing great tonight.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Thinking about a team and not a goalie... would about 3 GAA seem “out there” for a team you know is putrid defensively?

I don’t doubt Price had been playing bad, but goalies stats are team stats more than any other position
Sub .900 definitely looks bad but I don’t know enough about hockey how to analyze that and 3GAA together on a really bad defensive team.

If they’re allowing opponents to consistently own the net-front and walk into the slot, and or allowing opponents much zone time and generally losing small puck battles I can imagine that majorly affecting a goalies stats

Reactions: Jack DiBiase

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
He could be the best in the league right now with no injury history and the contract would still be real bad.

No one pays goaltenders like that, especially after they turn 30. Guys get injured or lose their confidence or just plain wear down.

Habs can only hope he regains his form and plays at a high level for a least a few years.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
With his poor 1+ years and contract, you have to wonder is Bobrovsky has way less suitors than expected given he himself is showing signs of bad year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->