Carey Price Interview (2011)

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He is our only star, right now...hard to believe that he can be that mentally tough...most players would wilt with this kind of pressure...

Kudos to Price!!

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
As bad as PG was, that decision to trade away Halak has to be one of the biggest for this franchise? Halak is a good goalie, but Price's durability and talent is on another level.

I'm not saying it was tough to see that Price would be better than Halak, but I mean with everything that happened, Halak in the playoffs, along with how Price was getting knocked for his lack of worth ethic etc. And specially with the fans, who mostly wanted Halak. I don't think many GM would have kept Halak when taking into that had happined into consideration.

Even me, who wanted Price more than Halak was shocked that Halak got traded, to the point where I remember being so happy and didn't care much who we even got in return for Halak.

Also its funny that even Price's dad thought Price would be the one traded, Price agent called his trade, and said did u hear about the trade, and he asked, where did Price get traded to...lool

PricePkPatch*

Price is a battle-scared Montreal veteran who's known all the fire there is to know in this city. He's a diamond that has been assembled through incredible heat and pressure.

Seeing the Triple Low-5 with Subban... I have to wonder how much it could have helped his morale.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
The preseason game where he told fans to ''chill out'' was history in the making.

For all of Gauthier's mistakes, I am willing to forget them all for the right decision he made in keeping Price.

We often complain how we never have the best center, best winger, or best D-Man (even Markov in his prime was never ''the best'').

But I say with no hesitancy, there is nobody I rather in nets than Carey Price. I truly believe WE HAVE THE BEST.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Doesn't it seem like TSN spinning that a little?

Price was a crowd favorite since his rookie year. I always thought Hab fans were pretty split in who to keep.

If I had to guess most fans wanted to start Halak that year because he was the hot hand but wanted to keep Price because he had the brighter future.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
What I got from the video: Habs fans are a bunch of flip-flopping a-holes.

Which is of course a great narrative for TSN.

Unfortunately, the archive of these boards supports it very well. (FTR I was elated with the decision.)

I think Gainey's input had a huge impact on Gauthier's executive decision. (Or was Gainey still technically in charge in the off-season?)

edit: I guess I should be fair by saying that there was a huge debate and there were enough Halakians post-trade to make it a pain in the ass to come on here, but even a 50:50 split is pretty bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad