News Article: Carey Price has a specific objective for this season

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The truth is that SO are a really random affair and that we don't even know how many SO we will get into. If we're the team with the lowest SO presence... he won't win them all... so it could mean a very very small improvement.. like 2-3 pts provided that working on SO actually is a thing and that it can provide improvement which I doubt.

I just think improving your ability to stop pucks in SO is one of the last thing you wanna work on. And for a goalie who has very few actual real accomplishments and has never even been nominated for a vezina.. and hasn't played during the lockout...he should have other things to want to work on.

I mean, it's not a big deal. I don't want to make a big deal out of it. I just find it a little silly is all. I'll try to remember this thread and see what came out of it at the end of the season.

I agree that it is random. It doesn't meant it should be neglected though. There's a team that went 1-6, others went 9-2 and 9-3. So I can understand why someone would like to perfect that aspect.
But yea, I don't think it should be a priority. However it was a weakness he identified, so it's good for him to work on it.

Geester76

Mar 16, 2007
Price should focus to stop the next shot in the next game final. As long as I'm concern I don't see why work on shootout will help that much if he plays well in games maybe that all he did because he praticed with a junior team but as far as I know there is no shootout in the playoff. Some journalist should ask him where he plans to go on his next vacation instead he might have a better answer.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
people are reading a lot into a guy who states one of his major objectives in the up coming season.

Im sure Price wants to improve his overall game but he sees something he definitely can get better on. No need to over think the meaning or analyze it so much.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Shootouts are a special team just like the power play and the penalty kill.

Everything in life is random, that doesn't mean you shouldn't practice so as to improve your odds.

Geester76

Mar 16, 2007
Shootouts are a special team just like the power play and the penalty kill.

Everything in life is random, that doesn't mean you shouldn't practice soen as to improve your odds.

That is so right Price randomly lands in Canadiens hand in 2005 draft. Funny for a butterfly goalie who plays the odd. Way to score goals nowadays in hockey is to shot top shelves with traffic in front of the net.I suggest Price should go higher and work to stop those shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad