Player Discussion Carey Price - Covid Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Price is on and off, but he's been stellar in these 2 "playoff" games though. I still hope we trade him to another team as I still think he has good value. I don't see a future with him here and I'm sure he would be happier to go for a cup playing for another team.
I 100% agree with you on that. I'm still wondering why he did not ask for a trade yet

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I 100% agree with you on that. I'm still wondering why he did not ask for a trade yet

Well - some things to keep in mind about not asking for a trade.

1. Loyalty to management. He's pissed they're not winning im sure - but they drafted him, paid him mega money, always likely treated him and his family really well....etc. He probably cares about that

2. Loyalty to teammates. Strikes me as a very loyal type here as well. Wouldnt want to abandon his teammates

3. Who says he hasn't asked for trade? :cool:

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Reminds me of our last playoffs against the Rags where Price was amongst the goalie leaders but we couldn’t score. 4 goals and 3 of them from 20 yr olds. Fully expect CJ to come back with the same lines

Reactions: habsfan891

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Reminds me of our last playoffs against the Rags where Price was amongst the goalie leaders but we couldn’t score. 4 goals and 3 of them from 20 yr olds. Fully expect CJ to come back with the same lines
Yet Price got ripped to shreds by many for “being outperformed by Lundqvist”.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I bet Seattle is keeping a close eye on him.

Doubt that cause the only ones thinking about unloading Price is a portion of our fan base. Habs are going to keep Price and the only way he is traded is if he demands a trade. We would have to have a horrible season next year and he gets tired of it

If he demands a trade, Seattle won't be the only ones who have a close eye on him

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
EeitRFZUwAECHp5

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Hopefully he will be traded to a team where he has a chance to win. I dont want to remember Price as one of the best players ever to not win a cup.

Still the best in the NHL and the world :nod:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Price-PressConference(20/08/03)

“We knew that they'll come out hard. They executed that well, they played a solid 40 minutes. I thought things went well for them. We responded pretty well in the third period, but they gathered a lot of momentums by then.”

“I thought our team responded really well to all the penalties. Our PK units have done an excellent job so far. Obviously, we want to work on discipline and moving forward that's going to be a key part.”

“Well, everybody's starting off sprinting here. So everybody just try to prepare as well as they could for this. I think the preparation turned up pretty well so far. There are a lot of work left to do tho.”

“With my ability to stop the puck and play the puck, I felt I was distrubting their flow and they were trying to adjust to that. I mean it's one my strength. I'm trying to do the best I can to keep the puck moving and trying to help my Dman to have the puck as clean as possible.”

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Is there a correlation between Price dominating and Montreals ability to score goals? Because it's always one or an other. i don't think we have ever seen both together.
When Price is unstoppable, the team can't score and when we score 5 goals, carey price let's 4+ goal in with weak goals.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pens' GM Rutherford on Price in an interview the other day:

“I just think he’s really great,” Rutherford said. “He’s in the Marty Brodeur category. Marty was always my favorite goaltender to watch. He was just special. Patrick Roy was great, too. When Carey Price is on his game, when he’s got his A-game going, that’s how good he is. He’s one of those guys. That’s who he reminds me of. And obviously he’s played extremely well, as I figured he would.”

Some goalies have certain weaknesses that teams attempt to attack. With Price, Rutherford said, no such book exists. The hockey cliche of making Price’s life difficult, the general manager said, really is the only way to beat him consistently.

“We need to be more creative,” he said. “You know, there are many ways to score goals in this league. You just aren’t going to beat Price one on one very often if he has a good look. Sure, maybe Sid will on occasion, like he did last night. But that’s Sid. Most guys aren’t going to beat him very often if he can see the shot. So you’ve got make life difficult for him, make it harder for him to see the puck, be a little more creative in those kinds of ways. Because goalies like him don’t come around very often.”

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Pens' GM Rutherford on Price in an interview the other day:

“I just think he’s really great,” Rutherford said. “He’s in the Marty Brodeur category. Marty was always my favorite goaltender to watch. He was just special. Patrick Roy was great, too. When Carey Price is on his game, when he’s got his A-game going, that’s how good he is. He’s one of those guys. That’s who he reminds me of. And obviously he’s played extremely well, as I figured he would.”

Some goalies have certain weaknesses that teams attempt to attack. With Price, Rutherford said, no such book exists. The hockey cliche of making Price’s life difficult, the general manager said, really is the only way to beat him consistently.

“We need to be more creative,” he said. “You know, there are many ways to score goals in this league. You just aren’t going to beat Price one on one very often if he has a good look. Sure, maybe Sid will on occasion, like he did last night. But that’s Sid. Most guys aren’t going to beat him very often if he can see the shot. So you’ve got make life difficult for him, make it harder for him to see the puck, be a little more creative in those kinds of ways. Because goalies like him don’t come around very often.”
But he's not elite anymore and we couldn't unload him in a trade even if we threw in our first rnd picks this year and next

Reactions: Jesperi Suzuki

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Price pulling off an Avery.

When I see Price do these things, I know he's simply in the zone. The confidence and swagger.

- When Krug said that they need to take advantage of Price's glove side to score on him. Price made a save on him and then threw the puck at Krug.

- When he bodied Kreider behind the net and just stared down at him.

- When Toews was in front of the net trying to screen him and Price is moving his helmet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFc3R1keNh8

Reactions: kevsavard95

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Price pulling off an Avery.

When I see Price do these things, I know he's simply in the zone. The confidence and swagger.

- When Krug said that they need to take advantage of Price's glove side to score on him. Price made a save on him and then threw the puck at Krug.

- When he bodied Kreider behind the net and just stared down at him.

- When Toews was in front of the net trying to screen him and Price is moving his helmet.
It's a pure joy to see this ''Price mode'' and enjoying these moments :thumbu:

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->