Player Discussion Carey Price - Covid Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Not hard to tell why Sakic tried to get Price at the deadline. Last 4 playoff series .933% on largely a bad team. Put .933 on a good team....you are talking Patrick Roy territory.
Roy had a career 907 sv % just saying....he did play on teams that could score though.

Price had an excellent game...no worries the haters will be back.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Imagine losing vs pens. But Price just goal like yesterday. And the avs, losing to bad goaltending.

That’ll be a sweet draft

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Not every regular games or PO games Price keeps his goals that well. Last game he was dominant, he was what we expect from him and was worth his 10M salary. Hope he can be constant and keep the pace. Some players of the team have to give more, we can't expect the other team limited to 2 goals all the time, so it means the habs offence must score between 3 to 4 goals.

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
pRicE cHokEs iN tHe PlAyOfFs

Could be they figured it out

giphy.gif

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Obviously we're getting outplayed but the D looks way more steady than they have for the past few seasons. We don't see crazy cross ice passing and they've helped support Price by keeping things to the outside. It's not the chaos that we normally see.

And Price has done his part by being quietly solid. He hasn't been spectacular but he hasn't needed to be. Just steady, in position, exactly what we want to see. And as usual, he's been great handling the puck.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Obviously we're getting outplayed but the D looks way more steady than they have for the past few seasons. We don't see crazy cross ice passing and they've helped support Price by keeping things to the outside. It's not the chaos that we normally see.

And Price has done his part by being quietly solid. He hasn't been spectacular but he hasn't needed to be. Just steady, in position, exactly what we want to see. And as usual, he's been great handling the puck.

That's the most underwhelming description of those past 2 performances I could have read :laugh: He's been stellar. On handling the puck: Price has very high compete. Assuming he continues playing that good and we are losing like 2 or 3 -0 in the elimination game, I wonder if he'll try to shoot the puck on the Pens net or if he'll go full Patrick Roy mode and try to solo-carry the puck up the ice. It's rare that we see him tilt but I would not mind it at all in that case.

.938 in the SLOT? That's just disgusting lol.

Reactions: Rozz

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He was clearly not helping this team winning this season i can tell you that.
Price is on and off, but he's been stellar in these 2 "playoff" games though. I still hope we trade him to another team as I still think he has good value. I don't see a future with him here and I'm sure he would be happier to go for a cup playing for another team.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->