Carey Price: 9th straight win on the road... A new Montreal Canadiens record

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
jesus christ... :amazed:

with the habs having had so many iconic goalies, i hadn't realized....

Only Roy and Dryden (among the greats in the conversation) have played in days where it was possible to play 6X of 8X games per season, which gives them an advantage over guys like Hainsworth, Durnan, or even Plante, who often enough played most of the 70 games possible each year.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Only Roy and Dryden (among the greats in the conversation) have played in days where it was possible to play 6X of 8X games per season, which gives them an advantage over guys like Hainsworth, Durnan, or even Plante, who often enough played most of the 70 games possible each year.

sure. but the thing i now realize looking at those stats is that he's not just gonna end up first in almost every category - save% he has a good chance to finish first, GAA... i don't think he'll finish first, maybe 3rd or 4th and i doubt he'll beat hainsworth and plante with 75 and 58 shutouts, but he's gonna end up first in almost every other category by a huge margin. which is extremely impressive

Last edited:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
With the way the Habs are playing despite injuries, they are thriving and it's very possible Carey can backstop the Habs to another 3 wins on the road giving him the record at 12 and counting. Amazing that no Habs club ever won more in a streak than this era's team, speaks to the team's disciplined defensive game night after night and on the road, where it's truly much more difficult to win. Price just keep rolling along, piling up the wins and in great fashion. Truly the best goalie in the world, since winning the Gold Medal with Team Canada at the Olympics, now everyone knows how truly great he's become. He's only 27 yrs. old and has played 1st string goalie for 7 seasons for the Habs, those first three years he played 41gms., 52 gms., and 41 gms., that's impressive in itself. But to already own a record that stood for 45 yrs. by HOF goalie Rogie Vachon & the Habs, is off the charts, IMHO. Price has played marvellously this season, he and all the Habs players and front office staff actually worked at making this team, one that's just beginning to show how great they can become, IMHO.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad