Player Discussion Carey Price - 2nd Baby Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Fans have started a GoFundMe page to get a billboard up thanking Carey Price and showing their support for him. The guy who is kind of running it was on TSN690 to talk about it.

So that's how you land a signed Price stick these days.

Reactions: habsgirl5000

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Or like how this year when we were 5 games away from being 5 games away from being 5 games away.

All i ever said was that it was possible. And it was. I never claimed anything was certain. Its posters like the one i quoted who seems convinced that just because toronto tampa and Boston had great seasons they will all repeat and are untouchable as top 3. Certainty in hockey or any sports rarely work out.

Just like going into the year tampa missed the playoffs they were for sure winning division
Just like 2 years ago florida was definitely going to be the team to beat in the atlantic for years to come

Etc.

Toronto Boston and Tampa are definitely beatable at the top of division. Odds are at least 1 of the 3 is on the outside looking in. I predict Boston

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Have you seen the GM we have?

Gainey had no problems acquiring Cammelarie, Gionta, re-signing Kovalev and a few others i rly cant remember now.

Its not the fans the issue, its the clown running the team.

I'm sure it's a bit of both. I don't see why any player would sign here in the social media age. Habs fans are a toxic bunch. There's a pretty big difference between acknowledging the team/gm suck ass and bashing the best player the Habs have had since the 90's because he may not be too happy with his current situation. Gutless is a good word for it.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
All i ever said was that it was possible. And it was. I never claimed anything was certain. Its posters like the one i quoted who seems convinced that just because toronto tampa and Boston had great seasons they will all repeat and are untouchable as top 3. Certainty in hockey or any sports rarely work out.

Just like going into the year tampa missed the playoffs they were for sure winning division
Just like 2 years ago florida was definitely going to be the team to beat in the atlantic for years to come

Etc.

Toronto Boston and Tampa are definitely beatable at the top of division. Odds are at least 1 of the 3 is on the outside looking in. I predict Boston

Lol, oh odds are, are they?

Bookmarked.

Reactions: NobleSix

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
I'm not sure he did. I expect Bergevin made promises he didn't keep about improving the team. Do you think Carey might have had second thoughts had he known Bergevin would balk at signing Markov and Radulov, actively try to trade Chucky and ice one of the worst Habs teams in recent years?

He could have easily played his final contract year and gone to UFA.

I meant that he knew what he signed up for in terms of the rabid fanbase and the city. He knew he would be heavily criticized if his performance failed to justify his pay check.

I too highly doubt that Price knew the team would end up being so bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I meant that he knew what he signed up for in terms of the rabid fanbase and the city. He knew he would be heavily criticized if his performance failed to justify his pay check.

I too highly doubt that Price knew the team would end up being so bad.
He would have not signed, if he knew MB was going to be this bad...............this is the main reason the Rangers went to the King and asked if he wanted to be traded, not knowing if he would want to stay through their rebuild...

You would think it has happened, but if not it will happen where Price will be asked the same question, which is why his father said last week, he is positive Price wants to stay...that being said, if we can't score goals, he may end up having enough....

Reactions: NobleSix

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
This is bs Phillip. The guy has never been accused of not training. But his cheek bones are starting to hit skeleton level.

No no you dont understand, he has pics from 2009 of him smoking some cigarettes. Dont you dare ask for proof of not training though, just too much to ask for.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
So that's how you land a signed Price stick these days.

He’ll probably get a lot more then just that I imagine. I feel bad for the kid. He thinks he’s fighting the cause but what he’s doing is unintentionally bringing more ammo for internet to use against Price which is exactly the opposite of what he’s trying to accomplish.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Any NHL goalie who is focused and is in his bubble could get any NHL team in the Playoffs. Its all about confidence, you start by making impossible saves and win some games then eventually the mood in the locker room changes, everyone is happy, everyone loves each other, then they go to war together, they become tight and tough to beat.

Nuh-uh. Didn't you get the memo? It's all about "ATTITUDE!"

"It's all about CONFIDENCE" will be next summer's empty slogan.

Reactions: Genesis76

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Really liked the price interview. I think we underestimate how unpleasant being in montreal can be for guys that care when the team loses like last year. Lots of new faces its true, and the comment about weber puting us over the top was great.

Got a good vibe with carey this year. The weight of the contract might actually drive him.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
He would have not signed, if he knew MB was going to be this bad...............this is the main reason the Rangers went to the King and asked if he wanted to be traded, not knowing if he would want to stay through their rebuild...

You would think it has happened, but if not it will happen where Price will be asked the same question, which is why his father said last week, he is positive Price wants to stay...that being said, if we can't score goals, he may end up having enough....

please correct me if I am wrong but was last season not the first time that price's frustration was very very visable. I mean he would get scored on after LOLZNER would do what he does best and just throw his arms up as if to say "WTF" ?

Perhaps that was his first stinker of a season (not all on him) since winning all those awards.

anyone care to comment?

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
please correct me if I am wrong but was last season not the first time that price's frustration was very very visable. I mean he would get scored on after LOLZNER would do what he does best and just throw his arms up as if to say "WTF" ?

Perhaps that was his first stinker of a season (not all on him) since winning all those awards.

anyone care to comment?

Even Julien was done with Alzner by the end of the year. One game he muttered to Muller " It's Alzner again". I have never seen a guy deflect as many pucks into his own net in a single season as long as I have been watching the Habs. On the PK he was the 6th forward for the other team some games.

Reactions: ArtPeur

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

anyone care to comment?
Price usually does not bury his D like that, but there was a couple last year, where you knew he was pi$$ed with his D

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Continue here

1934468_993708107370723_4596915536808163876_n.jpg

Congrats to Carey and Angela from Michou and Le P'tit Prince.

Reactions: the

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
I really hope he bounces back in a couple years when we're actually a contending team, growing up watching him I always said "he's the next Patrick Roy to win a cup with habs" instead f***ed over by our Idiot GM

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Any money you spend anywhere doing anything could be better served going to cancer research.

Pathetic.
The cure for cancer is cannabis oil, millions of people are curing themselves without the help of the harsh chemicals the "cancer research money grab" has provided. Yes cannabis oil, very easy to make and cheap, cures all types of cancers even in advanced stages. Treats and cures many other diseases and conditions as well.

Reactions: Pickles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->