Player Discussion Carey Price - 2nd Baby Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Looking forward to the billboards put up, to fire MB and get rid of MOlson!! $ell the team Money Mol$on!!

Give the kid credit, but Price knows he has to be better!!

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
I love Price, but he can wipe his tears away with 10.5 million green tissues. He knew full well what he was getting into the moment he put pen to paper on that contract.

People should really find better things to spend their money on.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I love Price, but he can wipe his tears away with 10.5 million green tissues. He knew full well what he was getting into the moment he put pen to paper on that contract.

It’s a 16 year old kid doing this. Not Price. If Carey was funding anti-hate billboards i’d be worried but it’s not.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
all you hf'ers hoping to tank are going to be seriously upset with Price this year...

He's gonna get us into the playoffs. And it won't be as a wildcard..

Reactions: BLONG7

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
It’s a 16 year old kid doing this. Not Price. If Carey was funding anti-hate billboards i’d be worried but it’s not.

Lmao the thought of Price actually doing that himself made me laugh out loud.

all you hf'ers hoping to tank are going to be seriously upset with Price this year...

Nope. You're wrong on that one.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Fans have started a GoFundMe page to get a billboard up thanking Carey Price and showing their support for him. The guy who is kind of running it was on TSN690 to talk about it.

That's okay with me. Carey won't have nearly the help and support on the ice he once did. I can't imagine the paradoxical angst that would go with regretting signing a long term $84M contract.

Reactions: David Suzuki

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

I'm not sure he did. I expect Bergevin made promises he didn't keep about improving the team. Do you think Carey might have had second thoughts had he known Bergevin would balk at signing Markov and Radulov, actively try to trade Chucky and ice one of the worst Habs teams in recent years?

He could have easily played his final contract year and gone to UFA.

Dhafol

Jun 5, 2018
That money could help cancer research or something like that but nope, gotta boost a millionaire's ego.

Pathetic.

Why are you so upset over how people spend their money? There's approximately 0% chance that we missed the cure for cancer because couple fans decided to get a billboard.

Reactions: Tuggy and tazsub3

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Why are you so upset over how people spend their money? There's approximately 0% chance that we missed the cure for cancer because couple fans decided to get a billboard.
You are correct , people a quick to judge and sputter something like the poster above did. Reality remains it's good to see a 16 years act ok something he believes in, as while some think money could have been used for cancer treatment, there a much bigger chance money could have been used for drugs or booze .
Good on the kid for acting simple as that .

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Bold statement. So who do we surpass in the Atlantic? Tampa, Boston or Toronto? Cause if it's not a wild card spot, we have to finish higher than one of these teams. I think the more realistic chance is a wild card. We would be fighting teams like the Flyers, Devils, Blue Jackets, Panthers, Canes, Sabres. Either the Flyers or Blue Jackets will finish in the top 3 in the Metro so it's the Habs fighting 5 other teams for those 2 wild card spots.

I have confidence Price and the Habs will rebound. However, I'm not sure by how much.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017

Lol, you seriously think we are a top 3 team in our division?.....sorry but those spots are already accounted for, and locked

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Lol, you seriously think we are a top 3 team in our division?.....sorry but those spots are already accounted for, and locked

Just like last year colorado and vegas were both supposedly going to be historically bad

Or how according to HF edmonton were favorites to come out of the west

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Just like last year colorado and vegas were both supposedly going to be historically bad

Sorry but you are delusional if you think we are finishing top 3....I can understand you being optimistic about the posibility of a wild card, but top 3 ain't happening

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Or like how this year when we were 5 games away from being 5 games away from being 5 games away.

Reactions: Habs178

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013

Any NHL goalie who is focused and is in his bubble could get any NHL team in the Playoffs. Its all about confidence, you start by making impossible saves and win some games then eventually the mood in the locker room changes, everyone is happy, everyone loves each other, then they go to war together, they become tight and tough to beat.

The canadiens just like most NHL teams, confidence is expected to be acquired from the back.

To achieve that you need a goalie who relies less on his technique and more on his intuition.

Dat being said, i expect more of the same dis year and more mystical injurys.

Reactions: Shad

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Sorry but you are delusional if you think we are finishing top 3....I can understand you being optimistic about the posibility of a wild card, but top 3 ain't happening
Not saying we would but I am sure people who predicted the knight make the playoffs were called delusional , so imagine what where the ones that predicted à final called.

It is sports , sometimes teams with less talent gel and produce unexpected results . Happens almost every year in all sports.

You can refer to leicter city premier league championship , which is exponentially harder then making the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad