Player Discussion Carey Price - 2nd Baby Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Price goes through a rough time one year out of two.

latest

Reactions: thewall

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Said before the start of the season that CP was my biggest worry, still early but .904 save % from him not good enough

nope not nearly good enough, you can get that from a 4-5 mil goalie,

and niemi once again playing better then price behind the same team

Reactions: Genesis76

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
nope not nearly good enough, you can get that from a 4-5 mil goalie,

and niemi once again playing better then price behind the same team
Niemi is better.not sure what careys problem is .i just dont see the elite compete level in him.he s too relaxed.and the his numbers reflect that.

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
Carey Price has to be better. I don't even expect that much from him. Certainly not to live up to his ridiculous contract. I want him to "steal" 10 points this year. Thus far, I consider that he "stole" 1 point against Toronto and fumbled 1 point against Ottawa.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Frankly I'm sad about this. I don't want to join a bandwagon of whiners about him but really, I don't believe in him anymore. For the money he is costing us I would rather ship him to Toronto and get Nylander and play Lindgren and Niemi instead.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Frankly I'm sad about this. I don't want to join a bandwagon of whiners about him but really, I don't believe in him anymore. For the money he is costing us I would rather ship him to Toronto and get Nylander and play Lindgren and Niemi instead.

Lol, why would Toronto want Price? They are fine in net, Price would be no improvement,

Second, you don't get Nylander for Price, you may get Nylander for Price + Petry, but it's a moot point, Toronto have no need or want for Price

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Lol, why would Toronto want Price? They are fine in net, Price would be no improvement,

Second, you don't get Nylander for Price, you may get Nylander for Price + Petry, but it's a moot point, Toronto have no need or want for Price
Exactly... and it's going to be difficult for TO to trade Nylander and his 8mil asking figures.

Still hope they trade Price to Colorado for the Sens's first and other picks/prospects... but the way Price is playing right now they'll need to retain a shit load of money to be able to trade him... at least, he'll help for the tank... what an idiotic contract.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

Lol, yeah I know. Still, sad to think that only 2 years before Babcock may have jumped on such a deal (but then 2 years ago I would still trust Price so meh)

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Said before the start of the season that CP was my biggest worry, still early but .904 save % from him not good enough

Problem is the team in front of him isn't allowing enough shots. The team needs to be worse defensively to pump up his numbers and bleed shots.

Reactions: teamfirst

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
Niemi is better.not sure what careys problem is .i just dont see the elite compete level in him.he s too relaxed.and the his numbers reflect that.
Interesting. For some reason I feel he isn't calm enough. In fact I see him jumpy and easily reactive to changing states during the play in the zone. Commits completely too early, or when it isn't necessary.

Also I don't ever remember him trying to follow the puck by lowering his head this much in past seasons. It's like he has a hard time reading the play, a skill that used to let him be in position to make the save without much movement. Like he was just "there" when the shot came. I don't see this anymore.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
The Price hate is getting absurd. Don't care what the stats say, he has done everything you want him to do.
Leafs game, could have been MUCH worse, they literally score with their PP and Drouin cost the game with his OT decision.
Pens game, stellar.
LA game, bad 1st goal, other 2 were due to some AWFUL decision by Ouellette. Kept us in the game.
St.Louis game, stellar.
Sens game, bad game.

So that's 2 stellar games, 2 good games, and 1 bad game.

BTW, here is a look at some of the other goalies:

Holtby: 0.881
Bob: 0.876
Rask: 0.875
Hellebuyck: 0.914
Andersen: 0.910
Quick: 0.851
Jones: 0.907
Fleury: 0.901

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013

Amen-Brother.jpg~c200

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
The Price hate is getting absurd. Don't care what the stats say, he has done everything you want him to do.
Leafs game, could have been MUCH worse, they literally score with their PP and Drouin cost the game with his OT decision.
Pens game, stellar.
LA game, bad 1st goal, other 2 were due to some AWFUL decision by Ouellette. Kept us in the game.
St.Louis game, stellar.
Sens game, bad game.

So that's 2 stellar games, 2 good games, and 1 bad game.

Yeah lets compare our selfes to others so we can feel better.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah lets compare our selfes to others so we can feel better.
Well I always read that "Oh a 2-5 million dollar goalie can replace Price" when lots of the other top goalies have been worse. So how else can you prove your point without comparing to other goalies?

Reactions: ArtPeur

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Well I always read that "Oh a 2-5 million dollar goalie can replace Price" when lots of the other top goalies have been worse. So how else can you prove your point without comparing to other goalies?

What you're doing right nwo is cherrry picking stats that fit your bill.

When we're comparing Carey we're comparing him againts other top goalies in the past 5-10 years. if you do an avg you will see Carey is not worth the money.

Reactions: BLONG7

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

When we're comparing Carey we're comparing him againts other top goalies in the past 5-10 years. if you do an avg you will see Carey is not worth the money.
How is it cherry picking when it's against other top goalies? I would like to hear some names that you think are better than Price. Wait until Bob signs 9 million+, and Price's contract won't look as bad. It was the same thing with Subban. 9 seemed way too high, but other dmen signed big contracts after.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
How is it cherry picking when it's against other top goalies? I would like to hear some names that you think are better than Price. Wait until Bob signs 9 million+, and Price's contract won't look as bad. It was the same thing with Subban. 9 seemed way too high, but other dmen signed big contracts after.

What? Subban was worth every single penny and more.

Price had 1 season. Any way we've beaten this horse so many times. Not worth wasting more internet bandwidth on this matter.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

He struggled last year, we get it...........he's been OK this year, but at 10.5M we are expecting more, but there are alot of players playing in the NHL this season, we are currently not earning their salary. It happens...........he was lights out when making 6.5M and most will tell you he was underpaid...

We are such a poorly built team to score goals, and yet we expect more from our goalie than anyone else? Why? The Kings shut us out...how do you win when you get shut out? We tend to score one or less 25-30 times a season, which limits how many wins we can acheive, and the hounds are after Price, instead of the skaters who can't score? The GM is in over his head, and gave this crazy contract to Price, not Price's fault...we all would have taken that deal from the Habs.

Anyhow, my message is more about expecting more from the highly paid players, and there is alot more out there, beside Price who are not earning their $$$ every team has a couple...

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

Yup.......all those guy's need to be better too, and i'm ready to bet that they all know it

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Price had 1 season. Any way we've beaten this horse so many times. Not worth wasting more internet bandwidth on this matter.
From day 1? There was so much bs about him not being worth it at first. Maybe not you, but MANY here were upset with his cap hit. I love the "Price had 1 season" comment. You know that Price also had 1 bad season too right? Prior to last year, he was at the top in goalie stats since the Olympics.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

There are many nights, PK is not worth every penny...most night he is, but there are many he is not...include Toews, Giroux, Malkin etc

If Price had just 1 good season, during the darkest year for the Habs, how is he about to tie Roy for the second most wins? How is he 26 away from Jacques Plante? He has had a ton of good seasons, and the rest of the league know, the Habs are Carey Price...he has been the only real star player we have had for years...

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
If Price had just 1 good season, during the darkest year for the Habs, how is he about to tie Roy for the second most wins? How is he 26 away from Jacques Plante? He has had a ton of good seasons, and the rest of the league know, the Habs are Carey Price...he has been the only real star player we have had for years...

Yes, he WAS a star for years. Let me ask you something to make you understand what I think. Max Paccioretty had also several good seasons in the past, the rest of the league know that as well..... do you think that in light of his last season and his current starting production people are knocking eagerly at Vegas's door to get him currently? This is how I see Price now. I think Price got an injury somewhere, could be Kreider's, could be the following one and it killed his near-god ability to be THE star in net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->