Career years for Hedman and Kucherov

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
Hedman with 72 points and second among d-men in scoring; Kucherov with 85 points (in 74 games).

Missing the playoffs sucks, balls. But we did the best with what we had available to us. Yzerman was a genius at the deadline as well. We got some much needed cap relief so we'll be able to resign the guys we want to keep, and possibly bring some new faces in.

What's the silver lining in this depressing season? We still have a kick ass team to look forward to for MANY years to come, and I'm still proud of them.

Don't think I'll be watching the playoffs at all. It's not that I'm salty, I'm just completely uninterested in what happens. I've got Persona 5 to keep me happy for the long summer.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Two absolutely amazing seasons for these two. Among the best I have seen from anyone wearing a bolts jersey.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Two career years from basically our 2/3 top players and it isn't enough to get your team to the playoffs?

Even losing Stammer we should've sneaked in. Depressing.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Sustr also had a career year, as in a career worst -10. Friggin bum is the reason we missed the playoffs. If he was just a -9 we'd be in, that 1 extra goal he was on the ice for at some point during the season is the reason we missed the playoffs. I hope I never have to see that disgrace in a Lightning sweater ever again.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Sustr also had a career year, as in a career worst -10. Friggin bum is the reason we missed the playoffs. If he was just a -9 we'd be in, that 1 extra goal he was on the ice for at some point during the season is the reason we missed the playoffs. I hope I never have to see that disgrace in a Lightning sweater ever again.

I think he's broken.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL

tumblr_nres7uAdS41uwvnvuo1_500.gif

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Hey look! A sarcastic reductio ad absurdum, everyone stare

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Now that the season is officially over, my perspective has shifted slightly. While I won't soon get over the bad play, I'll remember this season mainly for the performances of our two all-stars down the stretch. We got to witness some pretty special performances that're undoubtedly going to age well. I hope Kuch and Hedman spend at least a day or two relaxing during the off-season because they've earned it.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
So just imagine Stamkos was healthy this season. How many goals (especially on the PP) and points would Kucherov have gotten? I think this is a question we have to ask, as awesome as Kuch's season has been, Stammer's injury made it all possible for him to become the go-to guy.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

Hose, you seem to alternate between two people.

1. Sustr is a bum, Dotchin is a top-4 defenseman (which I agree with)
2. Sustr is a 4/5 D, Dotchin is too unproven to be a top-4 (I disagree)

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

I see today was dr jekyll

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
So just imagine Stamkos was healthy this season. How many goals (especially on the PP) and points would Kucherov have gotten? I think this is a question we have to ask, as awesome as Kuch's season has been, Stammer's injury made it all possible for him to become the go-to guy.

This is a snap shot of the NHL wide stats at the point of the Stamkos injury. They were both dominating at the same time, on the same line. Go look at highlights from the games at the beginning of the season.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...r=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=points,goals,assists

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Actually, considering we missed by one point, it is certainly plausible that one goal that Sustr was on the ice for is a cause-in-fact for us not being in the playoffs.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
I don't think it would change much. If anything, Kucherov would have had more goals and assists, especially since Stamkos is SO good with his looks.

Just using these two as a comparison, McDavid had 30 goals, 100 points. Draisaitl had 29 goals, 77 assists.

Now I'm not saying Kuch and Stamkos would have that kind of chemistry. I'm just saying that both of those guys are very good players, and despite that, they're equal goal scorers, but there is clearly a better player between the two.

I'd love to see Stamkos center Kucherov and see which player has the higher offensive output.

I really hope we let Tyler Johnson go.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Losing Stamkos might actually have helped Kucherov's production. He turned into the undisputed "go-to" guy on the PP, and the PP started clicking hardcore with the Hedman-Kucherov connection. Not sure we would have seen that if Stamkos had stayed healthy.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Losing Stamkos might actually have helped Kucherov's production. He turned into the undisputed "go-to" guy on the PP, and the PP started clicking hardcore with the Hedman-Kucherov connection. Not sure we would have seen that if Stamkos had stayed healthy.

Agreed. And that's why I really want Hedman-Kucherov on one PP and Stamkos-? on the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad