Career Length/Majority of Career/Finish Career Bruins

• Thread starter Bi Coastal Bawse*
  • Start date

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I was going to make this topic right after the SCF but got busy and forgot. I never really thought Seguin was going to be a career length Bruin but I didn't think he would be shipped out so soon. Chara is excluded from this because he is obviously going to retired as a Bruin but what other players if any do you see either finishing or playing their entire or majority of their career with the Bruins?

At this moment I see only 3

Lucic
Bergeron
Rask

a close 4th I would say is Krejci.

BallroomBitz

Once a Bruin...
Jul 7, 2006
Bergeron.

MAYBE boychuk.

I think they are grooming man chuck to be seids because he'll have to be let go unless he takes a hit on his contract. Man chuck has gotten a lot more valuable minutes the last 2 years.

Potentially I think quaider is being groomed to be a defensive 4th dman.

Chia might not always make the popular moves, but the man has a vision, and that is a very welcome change from about 10 years ago.

CanadianBruinsFan

Mar 18, 2012
Halifax, NS
Bergeron.

Possibly Lucic if he has a Neely-like end to his career. Obviously don't want that.

Don't think Krejci is here past his next contract.

EDIT: I missed "majority" up there. Technically that's >50%, so there are a ton of guys who could reach that mark. Krejci, Bergeron, Marchand, Boychuk, Campbell, Lucic .. it goes on.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Bergeron.

Possibly Lucic if he has a Neely-like end to his career. Obviously don't want that.

Don't think Krejci is here past his next contract.

Yeah that's why I put him as a potential 4th. Think he could play himself out of Boston and be too expensive.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Thornton will retire a Bruin.

He's played 416 regular season games for the Bruins. Combined, he had only played 79 regular season games before coming to Boston 6 years ago.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
None of them will play every NHL game in a Bruins uniform if they play past 35.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Paille

I know they don't consider those, but never forget all those playoff games.

DntPokeThaBear

Apr 10, 2013
Massachusetts
Bergy is a lifer cor sure. Thornton will finish his career here too. He's made a home here for sure and is a fan favorite. I don't really see a guy like Rask finishing his career here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad