News Article: Career Coyote Shane Doan

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Career Coyote Shane Doan, in the words of his teammates

Not certain if this has been posted in other areas, but a lot of things that can be said about Doan, and his teammates kind of filled in some of the gaps. This is also why I think last year was so very difficult for the team without Doan in place to help the players through and why the transition to a different captain may have been so hard because of how hard it is to replace a guy like that.

samandbigboy

Feb 20, 2019
Great read!

Does anyone knows if all the Pre-game jersey retirement stuff will be televised/streamed? I usually catch the game on NHL.tv, but not sure about where to catch Doaner's big day/event.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Career Coyote Shane Doan, in the words of his teammates

Not certain if this has been posted in other areas, but a lot of things that can be said about Doan, and his teammates kind of filled in some of the gaps. This is also why I think last year was so very difficult for the team without Doan in place to help the players through and why the transition to a different captain may have been so hard because of how hard it is to replace a guy like that.

Good article. Wish they would have talked to more former teammates. Didn't sound like Tkachuk liked Doan.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Not a bad fudgin' article.

Yes, his leadership was missed in the locker room - but they've adapted now.
Glad he's got a job as an ambassador of the game - he fits that role really well.

Reactions: Mosby and MIG

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I just hope people show up on time for this. If there's one time in this franchise's history where fans around the Valley should unite in a show of support and timely arrivals, it's this Sunday.
I'm one of those 5 minutes late is on time kind of people so I've told myself the ceremony starts at 4:30pm to ensure I'm not just there but I'm there sitting in my seat bored for 20 minutes waiting for things to start!

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I had to give my tickets away to this one. No way my two year old sits through the ceremony AND the game.
Man I'd have gone to the ceremony and skipped the game rather than miss the whole game! Or paid the mother-in-law a triple babysitter fee or something!

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->