Signing(s): Cards give Mikolas a 4 year deal worth 68 M per

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Great deal. Mikolas was our best starter last season, and with Waino and Wacha likely gone after this year, we needed stability in our rotation.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
He is a very good pitcher, would I be wrong to say after Carlos Martinez he's the #2 pitcher for the Cardinals?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Currently, he's the #1. Martinez has arm issues. Flaherty could be the guy, but he's young and unproven.

And attitude/motivation issues. Slacked on his rehab and now we'll be lucky to have him back to his old form this year.

Last edited:

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Not counting on Martinez or Reyes as more than relievers this year.

I'd move Reyes a long a slow and let him build up arm strength before just throwing him in the rotation.

Looks like its gonna be:

Mikolas
Flahery
Wacha
Wainwright
Gomber/Hudson/Gant/Poncedeleon

Would like they to see if they could sign Kuechel on a 1 or 2 year deal this late in the game, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island

I'd move Reyes a long a slow and let him build up arm strength before just throwing him in the rotation.

Looks like its gonna be:

Mikolas
Flahery
Wacha
Wainwright

Would like they to see if they could sign Kuechel on a 1 or 2 year deal this late in the game, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.
I wouldn't start Reyes in the rotation but by the end of the season and in the playoff push he might be our best pitcher and might have enough arm strength to pitch as a starter.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Looks like its gonna be:

Mikolas
Flahery
Wacha
Wainwright

With how Holland went, I don't think we'll sign any pitchers this late again. There is a lot of talent on the staff, just a lot of questions on what roles the talent will have. Martinez and Reyes in the bullpen along with Hicks and Miller has potential to be nasty. Then someone like Hudson in there as well.

Reactions: brokeu91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->