Cardio workout

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Hello fitness and training people !

I go to the gym 4 times a week in the morning. I do 1h of StairMaster. I lose just over 1400 calories during that hour. Oddly enough I don't mind doing it. I feel exhausted afterwards (in a good way) but feel very energized during the day. I have also lost around 30 pounds during the last 2 months (250-220). I also just started to do some yoga and I love it. I do it 3-4 times a week, 30 minutes per session at home. I also noticed I have more stamina than before.

Ok so here's my question :

Would it be more efficient for me to split my cardio session in 2 30 minutes exercise (lets say 30 minutes of run and 30 minutes of stair climbing) instead of 1 hour of stairmaster ? I know its always good to change your habit when you do bodybuilding, I'm just not very educated on the cardio subject.

Thank you !

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
At this point, you may plateau in your weight loss due to the constant cardio. I would actually switch your gameplan to 20 minutes cardio - 40 minutes hitting the weights or something something else. That's quite an overdose on cardio, and trust me..t he weights will add a toned look while continuously helping your overall weight loss goals.

Do you lift weights or anything else? Or do you go just for cardio?

Mad Brills*

Yeah, adding to cole here, doing 2/3 of you workout on non cardio is the right idea.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I say if it's not broke, don't fix it. You are losing weight because you are in a calorie deficit in relation to your activity level. Running stairs (or stairmaster) burns way more calories than running on a flat ground. If you make any changes, keep that in mind and adjust accordingly.

mdtex95

Feb 4, 2009
Texas
Hello fitness and training people !

I go to the gym 4 times a week in the morning. I do 1h of StairMaster. I lose just over 1400 calories during that hour. Oddly enough I don't mind doing it. I feel exhausted afterwards (in a good way) but feel very energized during the day. I have also lost around 30 pounds during the last 2 months (250-220). I also just started to do some yoga and I love it. I do it 3-4 times a week, 30 minutes per session at home. I also noticed I have more stamina than before.

Ok so here's my question :

Would it be more efficient for me to split my cardio session in 2 30 minutes exercise (lets say 30 minutes of run and 30 minutes of stair climbing) instead of 1 hour of stairmaster ? I know its always good to change your habit when you do bodybuilding, I'm just not very educated on the cardio subject.

Thank you !

Did you make any drastic changes to your diet? I'm trying to cut down on beer consumption on my weekend and incorporate more protein/less carbs.

4 days a week on the stairmaster for an hour sounds like it'll do the trick. That thing is a beast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->