Carcillo suspended 15 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleD

"The League is of the opinion that player Dan Carcillo struck the opposing Toronto player in the head with his stick causing injury to the Majors player," stated OHL Commissioner David Branch. "While it is noted that player Matt Halischuk was in fact able to play in his team’s next game, we are of the opinion that player Carcillo used his stick in a most unacceptable fashion and the Ontario Hockey League has made it clear that blows to the head are extremely dangerous and we must all work to remove these type of actions from our game."

It is the position of the Ontario Hockey League that player Dan Carcillo of the Mississauga IceDogs Hockey Club be suspended for fifteen (15) games.

OHL

Good to see a suspension based on intent, not injury.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
If there's one person in the league who deserves a 15 game suspension it's that guy. That was a cowardly shot and kudos to Dave Branch.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Agree 100% this guy is an absolute baffoon. Saw him play in London last week and all he did was try and injure the Knights players all game long. Hes not a hockey player, hes a goon and should be playing that Quebec fighting league.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
Agree 100% this guy is an absolute baffoon. Saw him play in London last week and all he did was try and injure the Knights players all game long. Hes not a hockey player, hes a goon and should be playing that Quebec fighting league.

I saw the same game and he didn't do anything of the sort, and I'm a London fan so you can't say i'm a homer (although i am a pens fan, but right now moreso a knights fan) What was actually happening was the Knights trash talking him all game trying to egg him on and he didn't take the bait. But was it not Trevor Kell who crosschecked him from behind into the goal-post head first? Hmm, musta been Carcillo's majic that turned that into Dan trying to injure the knights. Unless of course you the "try and injure" part your talking about is regarding psychological injury due to the trash talk he responded with, then i suppose, but that's part of the game.
Its one thing to hate a player for the type of game he plays, but when you lie to make a point... disgusting.

hillbilly

Nov 12, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
Perfectly on topic as usual. I heard he's doing fine by several accounts. I can't tell you more.

if fine is throwing a nasty knee to knee hit and side-lineing a player for 6-8 weeks while not putting up and points and being a -3 is fine, then ya he's doin fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad