Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
CARCHI! CARCHI! CARCHI!

giphy.gif

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I think I saw a stat earlier that there were more OT games at this point of the season than ever, so it's not just us. If you look at the teams around us in the standings, the RW column is pretty close. Looks like most teams are in the 6-8 range. If we get 2 rather than 1 out of most of our OT games, I think we'll be just fine.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I think I saw a stat earlier that there were more OT games at this point of the season than ever, so it's not just us. If you look at the teams around us in the standings, the RW column is pretty close. Looks like most teams are in the 6-8 range. If we get 2 rather than 1 out of most of our OT games, I think we'll be just fine.
Why for you bring facts to this... It's simply unacceptable..

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
HURRICANES IN THE WINDY CITY.

WE ARE COMING OFF A SERIES OF UGLY WINS.
I MIGHT BE A FAN OF UGLY WINS, BECAUSE THEY ARE WELL WINS AND THUS INSTRUMENTAL IN THE PROCESS OF TAKING VENGEANCE, BUT IT IS STILL EARLY. OUR GAME MUST IMPROVE, FROM BOTTOM TO THE TOP.

TIME TO TAKE OUR VENGEANCE. PREFERABLY IN A CONVINCING WAY.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008

It's all about the NHL's *ridiculous* loser point. I'm not a fan of Gary Bettman. I'm still very upset about all the lockouts, especially the one that killed the 2004-05 season (and forced me to go look for another job). But I've learned to accept that he's not going anywhere. But his stance on the points system is no longer tenable. He claims he likes the closeness of the playoff races, but is manipulating the standings worth the damage to the game when both teams decide to "protect the point" halfway through the second period?

Especially when that manipulation only creates the *illusion* of close races. The bottom line is that even a two-point deficit is virtually impossible to overcome late in the season *because* of the loser point. I'd rather have wider gaps in the standings, more chances to actually make up that ground, and watchable third periods that the 3-2-1-0 system provides.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad