GDT: carbos

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
This team sucks and legit gives me anxiety.

Ron Francis is too risk adverse to do anything but shuffle deck chairs.

Bill Peters system has run it's course.

Our savior goalie is so bad it makes me cry inside.

We lack skill and can't score, I'd like to see our skilled prospects, but I am stuck watching Ryan and Nordström miss the net.

Our lockeroom has a losing culture. I don't see how any decent FA would want to step into this mess.

I am offically blocking the hurricanes and nhl for the rest of the season.

Sorry for the negativity, I lost the light.

The Jerk Store

Felix Unger Score'em
Jul 2, 2012
Hills to the North
Brilliant argument.

It's one thing to look good playing for the Bruins, possibly the best team in the league. It's another thing playing for us. I seriously doubt McAvoy would put up equal points playing for the Canes as they exist now. Remember how bad Aaron Ward was for us the second time around? He looked pretty good playing alongside Chara the previous season didn't he?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Happened to catch the Forslund interview on the way home. He did all he could do to avoid putting the entire organization on blast. Basically said this is a lost season and the only thing we can do from here on out because of Francis' inaction is to use the rest of the year to figure out who is good and who is crap.

We've already accepted the 9 year postseason drought. One more and it's an NHL all time record.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC

We lack skill and can't score, I'd like to see our skilled prospects, but I am stuck watching Ryan and Nordström miss the net.

Our lockeroom has a losing culture. I don't see how any decent FA would want to step into this mess.

Where the f*** you at, Negan? Take over this team and brutalize them. And then he can take every one of the scouts for a waterboarding session where afterwards their hearts are filled with dread at the mere thought of ever drafting a Ryan Murphy, Hayden Fluery, or Bean over a host of much, much more skilled forwards ever again.

Then bring up Gauthier and send him like a big cruise missile straight into the opposing goalie on every shift. Because f*** you.

Reactions: Breakdowns

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina

Dude, you just paraphrased 9 years of this board.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
It's one thing to look good playing for the Bruins, possibly the best team in the league. It's another thing playing for us. I seriously doubt McAvoy would put up equal points playing for the Canes as they exist now. Remember how bad Aaron Ward was for us the second time around? He looked pretty good playing alongside Chara the previous season didn't he?

I must've missed it. How has Bean looked playing for the Hurricanes? Seriously, your argument is that McAvoy's accomplishments are less impressive because of his team, when the guy we're comparing him to can't even crack the NHL? McAvoy may not be having the same type season playing for us, but at least he'd be PLAYING FOR US as opposed to making yet another playoff run in the WHL.

Last edited:

The Jerk Store

Felix Unger Score'em
Jul 2, 2012
Hills to the North
There is no guarantee McAvoy would be playing for the Canes this season. No guarantee he would have looked different than Bean. McAvoy's preseason = 1 assist. He made his debut in last years playoffs, playing albeit sheltered minutes. He wouldn't have had that audition here.

Last edited:

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
There is no guarantee McAvoy would be playing for the Canes this season. No guarantee he would have looked different than Bean. McAvoy's preseason = 1 assist. He made his debut in the previous years playoffs, playing albeit sheltered minutes. He wouldn't have had that audition here.

There are times when I legit wonder how far somebody will take the defense of Ron Francis and this organization. This is one of those times. Charlie McAvoy is better at hockey than Jake Bean. Period. He was before the draft, when Central Scouting had McAvoy at No. 6 and Bean at No. 15. He was at the draft, despite the Hurricanes taking Bean while McAvoy was still on the board. And he is now. And he always will be. It's not rocket science. We just try to make it harder on ourselves because Canes.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
He's eligible to play in the NHL, right?
canes had 5 nhl dmen under contract, with dahlbeck and fleury (also a 1st rounder 2 years previous to bean) at the start of this year.

the canes didn't, and don't, need him yet. Let play top dog in the whl.

are you really going to double down on the argument that a prospect is a failure because he didn't make the nhl before his 20th birthday?

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
There are times when I legit wonder how far somebody will take the defense of Ron Francis and this organization. This is one of those times. Charlie McAvoy is better at hockey than Jake Bean. Period. He was before the draft, when Central Scouting had McAvoy at No. 6 and Bean at No. 15. He was at the draft, despite the Hurricanes taking Bean while McAvoy was still on the board. And he is now. And he always will be. It's not rocket science. We just try to make it harder on ourselves because Canes.

kev, have you seen even a single second of play from bean?

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
So Kev, I take it you didn't bother to look up any final rankings that don't support your argument? Perhaps you should check out ISS final rankings, or perhaps Bob McKenzie's composite rankings? They may very well have gotten the pick wrong, but to just act like they made a mistake because you cherry picked one ranking just shows the lengths you're willing to go to be the dick you claim you don't want to be. And believe me, I'm plenty mad a Francis and his flaws at this point, but to just act like they went against some universal truth is ridiculous.

If you want a real reason, I'd say it's because they probably thought Bean would be a better long term pick than McAvoy. They may have thought that long term they needed a guy with a very high offensive upside. That's something you could certainly argue we're lacking even still at this point, and if Bean hits it, that could be very valuable for this or any team. Time will tell. But not every guy that plays well this early in the game end up being the best player in the long run. Skinner was the best player in his draft early on, and now there are likely a few players you'd take above him.

The Jerk Store

Felix Unger Score'em
Jul 2, 2012
Hills to the North

In '91, Scott Niedermayer played four regular season games for the Devils before being sent back to his junior team. By your metric, he must have been viewed as a bust that year.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
I am still in awe. Kane was there to be had for most likely a 2nd and a 1st if he resigned. We whiffed on the physical forward that we needed. Plus the guy could score. I am very dissapoint.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->