Pre-Game Talk: CarBos G2

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Canes Recall Brown and Bean from Charlotte

Patrick Brown, 26, made his playoff debut against Washington in Game 4 of the First Round on April 18 and has skated in eight games with Carolina this postseason. The 5'11", 214-pound forward recorded 35 points (19g, 16a) in 70 AHL games while serving as Charlotte's captain in 2018-19. Brown has posted two points (1g, 1a) in 28 career NHL games and 125 points (53g, 72a) in 334 career AHL games. The Bloomfield Hills, Mich., native was signed by the Hurricanes as an undrafted free agent out of Boston College on April 12, 2014.
Jake Bean, 20, was named to the 2018-19 AHL All-Rookie team after registering 44 points (13g, 31a) in 70 games with the Checkers during the regular season. The 6'1", 181-pound defenseman skated in a pair of NHL games with Carolina this season, making his NHL debut on Nov. 27 at Montreal. The Calgary, Alta., native was drafted by Carolina in the first round, 13th overall, of the 2016 NHL Draft.
Canes Recall Brown and Bean from Charlotte

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Oh my goodness. Just ran into a guy in the elevator of my apt building in DC. (Was wearing my Carolina hat).

With a pained expression, he asked me if I was from Raleigh.

I told him I went down to grad school in the Triangle and worked there for several years.

I ask him he's Caps fan (because duh).

He proceeds to tell me that not only is he a Caps fan but a "bit of an Islanders" fan too. and he's had a really rough week.

tenor.gif

Yowzers. It was actually legitimately a little bit awkward b/c I recognized that haunted/traumatized look in his eyes --a look I have had in my own eyes several times along the way as a sports fan. lol. (but I'm sure the Knicks won't disappoint me this year:sarcasm: )

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

I love how she just routinely exposes the idiocy out there.

I think my reply would be something along the lines of...
"I don't know, haven't watched him much since he left the Checkers 4 years ago. Did he even play against Kampfer in his 2 NHL games? Unless you're referring to Jordan (hard for us Canes fans to remember anything that's not NASCAR)? In which case LOL if every 2 min penalty is dirty there are no clean players in the NHL. And if you think the Marchand "cross-check" (which was an over embellished shove from the side) is dirty, you must be horrified by Kuralys bull-dozing Svechnikov from behind, right? No? Here, let me take those red-tinted glasses off so you can see clearly..."

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Do you also love how she puts symbols of white supremacy on her tweets?

That's pretty offensive question just to blurt out at a guy with a German name.

giphy.gif

Is this some inside joke? Or just an extremely awkward exchange based on what I can only guess is a misinterpretation of the innocuous use of the "okay" emoji?

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-11_16-46-41.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-11_16-46-41.jpeg
    5.2 KB · Views: 1

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
giphy.gif

Is this some inside joke? Or just an extremely awkward exchange based on what I can only guess is a misinterpretation of the "okay" emoji?

Little bit of A, little bit of B I guess.

Back in the good days of 2018 there was a deservedly hidden politics board where you could tell people take their nonsense to. But it got full and had to be closed.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
And please don't call Sara innocuous. People don't really do it as much with family as the Deliverance jokes would have it, and she's from Boston anyhow.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Do you also love how she puts symbols of white supremacy on her tweets?

I still can't believe that story. 4chan starts a crusade to make people believe the circle game is a symbol of white supremacy. Media falls for it, starts reporting it as such. Moron white supremacists actually start using the symbol as a result.

And then the Cubs ban a fan from their stadium for playing the circle game to distract everyone from the fact that they're reactivating a player after his 40-game suspension for domestic abuse.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I still can't believe that story. 4chan starts a crusade to make people believe the circle game is a symbol of white supremacy. Media falls for it, starts reporting it as such. Moron white supremacists actually start using the symbol as a result.

And then the Cubs ban a fan from their stadium for playing the circle game to distract everyone from the fact that they're reactivating a player after his 40-game suspension for domestic abuse.
You know all there is to know about the circle game.

Reactions: kinglazybones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad