GDT: carana

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
I fell asleep with the television on shortly after Pesce scored. In my dreams, I was in the penalty box at the PNC and Tripp was interviewing me. He informed me that Maniscalco’s “Big Rig” moniker was Mike’s pr0n name. Just then, the Big Rig showed up, and we all fled the arena. Faulk, however, moved slowly and without conviction. He made poor decisions and never made it out of the arena.

I’m just saying that if for any reason Faulk is scratched tonight with a lower body injury… Big Rig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQTFgj_w3T8

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I wish they would keep Skinner far far away from shootouts. Just doesn't seem to work for him, no matter how skilled.

Everything else, it gets harder and harder to watch this stuff when you just know deep down it's going to happen.

Until learns that he must come in with speed, he's going to continue to fail at the shootout. He is actually slowing the game down for he goaltender. He needs to commit to a move or two at most, then his shot.

I don't know about being better holding leads lately. Part of it is because we haven't had many 2 goal leads since early in the season. Even still, we lost in Boston after having a 1G lead. We lost on NY after having a 2G lead. We lost in OTT after having a 1G lead. We lost in MTL after having a 1G lead. We lost in ANA after having a 2G lead. So of the Canes last 6 road games, they've held a 1G or 2G lead in 5 of them and lost all 5.

Where we've done better is frankly, at home.

^This 100%!

And, my uneducated eye felt that Cam would have liked to have had two of those goals back, but garden spot snipes represent defensive break downs more than anything....and by defensive I mean, again using my uneducated view, forward defense. Those guys higher up in the slot or closer to the dots should habe been covered/defended by a Canes forward. In closer to the crease, it is more of a defender's role. Noesen's goal is an example of that.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I think everyone has already nailed it...natch ups are important and you can get the on s s you want at home.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00