Carabao (EFL) Cup 18/19

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
What struck me was how the only Chelsea player that seemed to care about the situation was Luiz. Not even Azpi.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Did I just read, TWICE at least, that the lockerroom was toxic and explained the come and go from different managers over the year because a newly acquired player didn't want to be subed. Even when some of the players on the pitch tried to make him move?

Seriously? That's like quite a logic there.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Did I just read, TWICE at least, that the lockerroom was toxic and explained the come and go from different managers over the year because a newly acquired player didn't want to be subed. Even when some of the players on the pitch tried to make him move?

Seriously? That's like quite a logic there.
The locker room is potentially toxic because the old guard is still. That is infectious on the new players that came in and now think are bigger than the club.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ah, got ya.
None of the previous players would ever do that, but the new guy does it because it is infactious...

Wait, it makes zero sense.

Reactions: Ivan13

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So I ended up having to stream the end of the game on my phone from the Kitchener Rangers game. I had no sound and was half focused on it.

Can someone explain the Kepa situation? He refused to go or correct!?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Besides being hugely overrated, Kepa is officially an asshole. I don't blame Sarri for dropping it, even though maybe he could have been tougher.

Kepa deserves to finish the year with the reserved, period.

Reactions: les Habs and Ivan13

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Besides being hugely overrated, Kepa is officially an *******. I don't blame Sarri for dropping it, even though maybe he could have been tougher.

Kepa deserves to finish the year with the reserved, period.
What makes him overrated? I think he is a solid keeper, but definitely not worth the 80mil Chelsea dropped for him lol.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He should've done more in that situation as a leader. JT would've had both hands on Kepa's neck.
Luiz tried to send him out.
So, again.

How is the behaviour infectious?
Since when is Azpi a bad team player?

This is all on Kepa and trying to pin it on the rest of the roster is utterly stupid.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What makes him overrated? I think he is a solid keeper, but definitely not worth the 80mil Chelsea dropped for him lol.
Plenty of very average goaltending while being the priciest goalie in the world? And now acting like a perfect idiot?

Reactions: Ivan13

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If I was Sarri would've chinned the :eek::eek::eek::eek: at full time

Fantastic entertainment though, and you can't say it's not a club deserving of being mocked as roundly as it currently is

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Now Sarri says it's a misunderstanding, that he thought Kepa had cramps, and that it's OK.

Now he has zero authority...

Reactions: Cassano

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Luiz just said that he was telling Kepa to respect the coach's decision. LOL why would anyone go coach that team now. What a disaster.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Now Sarri says it's a misunderstanding, that he thought Kepa had cramps, and that it's OK.

Now he has zero authority...

Such a joke.

If Sarri thought he had cramps why was Sarri going ballistic when Kepa was waving to the bench he was OK. If the sub was purely an “injury” sub, then Sarri shouldn’t have cared that Kepa wanted to stay on.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Such a joke.

If Sarri thought he had cramps why was Sarri going ballistic when Kepa was waving to the bench he was OK. If the sub was purely an “injury” sub, then Sarri shouldn’t have cared that Kepa wanted to stay on.
Sarri is clearly just downplaying this in the media, he's just not going full Torts.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Just saw the Sarri and Kepa situation, Brutal with a capital B. Never seen anything like that and now Sarri has dug himself a hole as @Evilo alluded to to try and defuse what happened. He actually should've pulled a Torts and doubled done what happened. He's manager and he SHOULD have all the power - Kepa took it all away in five minutes. Sarri is going to be fired, it is now "when" and not "if" and it must be terrible for him because he's not the problem at all.

Absolutely love seeing this stuff happen to Abramovichs' club though.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah I'm afraid he's going to be fired, but I'm not sure which reaction he could have had to avoid this.
If he ignores like he's doing now, there's a good chance his authority is extremely undermined. Chelsea officials see this.
If he goes mad against his team's biggest investment, there's a good chance Chelsea officials think he's a circus (even though it's all on Kepa) and look elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad