GDT: CAR @ PHI: Lining up for the Extra Point

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Can we keep Lindy at center for ****s sake? I mean I'm not saying it's why they're winning but he looks good there. Leave it be.
If you won't, I'll say it. Lindy at center is a big reason we're winning. Having two centers that aren't plugs instead of one makes it much harder for teams to plan their defenses, and putting TT and Aho on a line other than the one that's taking all the important defensive matchups gives them room to spend a lot more time creating offensive chances, and Lindholm is our only center with any sort of speed that you actually have to pay attention to as an offensive threat, which means defenses have to widen their gaps, which gives the forwards more room to make passes. I think it's impossible to overstate how much having Rask and Ryan as centers has dragged down this team.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
If you won't, I'll say it. Lindy at center is a big reason we're winning. Having two centers that aren't plugs instead of one makes it much harder for teams to plan their defenses, and putting TT and Aho on a line other than the one that's taking all the important defensive matchups gives them room to spend a lot more time creating offensive chances, and Lindholm is our only center with any sort of speed that you actually have to pay attention to as an offensive threat, which means defenses have to widen their gaps, which gives the forwards more room to make passes. I think it's impossible to overstate how much having Rask and Ryan as centers has dragged down this team.
I don't know why you're indicating they are bringing them down. (Picture of 2 Anchors with the names Rask and Ryan on them) No clue why you'd think that.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Good confidence building win for Canes !
The PA teams have been hot, especially Philly. Bs routing Pitt too.

This has been a very satisfying night for any Caps fan. Caps idle until the Stadium series game vs Leafs (now that's some "special" fanbase :rolleyes: ).

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Someone else touched on it but if stempniak can reinvent himself as a solid penalty killer with some flashes of offense he might be worth hanging on to for cheap. I really was thinking his career was over

He did look quite good on the PK today, but he didn't do much outside of that, nor since coming back. I'd likely let him walk this offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->