Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Petr Mrazek signs with the Hurricanes (1 year, $1.5M)

OakCity

Jun 24, 2018
Hope Jack Hughes like Carolina...
I didn't know he was a Goalie. This is a favorable spot for any goaltender, you got the best shutdown pairing in the league. This helps against the top line and the PK. We just need someone who is younger and doesn't totally suck.

Reactions: DaveG

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Jesus f*** could they not just given Cam the same and rolled with him as the #1? Is there any reason to believe this Mrazek guy can get back to where he was at previously? Can the Canes maybe next year just expend every last goddamned draft pick on goaltenders in the hopes that it'll work out at some point?

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
Cam got $3M from Chicago, didn't he? Doubt he would have stayed for half that. Heck, Mrazek/Darling can't get WORSE than they were last year, can they? So things are likely to improve in CAR. If not, they cut Mrazek loose, promote Ned or get another FA Goalie and try again. Their offense should be improved (again) over last year - not getting anyone to bit on Skinner or Faulk surely doesn't hurt the team. Necas and Svechnikov look like the real deal.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Jesus **** could they not just given Cam the same and rolled with him as the #1? Is there any reason to believe this Mrazek guy can get back to where he was at previously? Can the Canes maybe next year just expend every last goddamned draft pick on goaltenders in the hopes that it'll work out at some point?

We KNOW Ward doesn’t work as a starter here. How many times could we go back to that well?

I’m not impressed with this signing either but at least it’s someone different than Ward.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
This signing reeks of "well crap, we couldn't get anyone we actually wanted".

Hopefully Mrazek can still improve. I loved the guy when he was a confident young man, he could really put on a show.

Reactions: MinJaBen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad