Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Petr Mrazek signs with the Hurricanes (1 year, $1.5M)

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
This is actually the goalie I wanted for Carolina. Low risk, possibly high reward. His season that almost ousted Howard was pretty great. I think he has a good chance to return to that form in Carolina.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
This is actually the goalie I wanted for Carolina. Low risk, possibly high reward. His season that almost ousted Howard was pretty great. I think he has a good chance to return to that form in Carolina.

He did oust Howard.... then gave the job right back when he played ECHL level for the last 1/4 or so of 15-16. Hasn't been the same since.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
At least he has talent and could turn it around with the right goalie coach. Dude has all the ability in the world. Just needs to be more basic with angles and not try to rely on athleticism. I think that could be taught.
Yeah I'm still holding out hope that our tandem involves Lehner as well, and has Darling in the AHL. Because if this is it... jesus, we're f***ed.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I think Mrazek has a chance to turn into a modern day Arturs Irbe. Can be fun to watch.

Clench your bungholes and stock up on beer and enjoy the ride boys.

Reactions: Tryamw

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
could it not be the system or the defense. The defense looks good but quite young and still somewhat inexperienced. Cuz lack, ward, darling khudobin have all had shit numbers but have had some form of success elsewhere or in Wards case in previously in
Carolina

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
could it not be the system or the defense. The defense looks good but quite young and still somewhat inexperienced. Cuz lack, ward, darling khudobin have all had **** numbers but have had some form of success elsewhere or in Wards case in previously in
Carolina

Peters system gives up few chances but lots of high danger ones. I expect sv % to rebound some.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
We said the same thing of Darling after Lack.
Bingo. Honestly this is as mad as I've ever been heading in to a season and I'm at the point that I am debating cancelling my tickets for the upcoming season. Has less to do with Mrazek then it has to do with the fact that it's Mrazek tandemed with another goalie who just had a shit season, and it's apparent that he's the only one being brought in. ZERO accountability in this organization.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Mrazek is still young enough to surprise, the situation could actually be pretty good for him there. The kid needed a reality check and he got it. Now he's going to be playing for his nhl career without entitlement, he could have a nice bounce back season.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Yeah I'm still holding out hope that our tandem involves Lehner as well, and has Darling in the AHL. Because if this is it... jesus, we're ****ed.

At 1.5M I hope they can bring in a 3rd goalie either on a 2 way or preferably a 3rd low salary 1-way. 3 1 way deals means they pay the same even if Darling is sent to Charlotte.

But I think that’s me searching for optimism right now.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
At 1.5M I hope they can bring in a 3rd goalie either on a 2 way or preferably a 3rd low salary 1-way. 3 1 way deals means they pay the same even if Darling is sent to Charlotte.

But I think that’s me searching for optimism right now.
I was hoping for Hutchinson on that front but that flopped. Maybe Ned can show that he's better in camp and they'll roll Mrazek-Ned. Couldn't possibly be worse then having Darling as part of the tandem.

Reactions: sheriff bart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->