GDT: CAR @ NSH EXCERCISE IN POINTLESSNESS

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I think the team hit a bit a wall to end the season. Rod said so himself in terms of guys being banged up, and playing through some minor injuries. The last 3 games haven't looked good. I think it's disconcerting given just how well the team has played all season, but at the end of the day it's 3 games, and they're getting a short break with some practice time to rejuvenate. With any luck everyone is healthy coming back, and the Preds are over confident. They didn't clinch top seed in the division by sucking.

I don't like the week layoff, but I do think its probably more detrimental to Nashville than us. I definitely would not want to play that team day after tomorrow or whatever.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I don't like the week layoff, but I do think its probably more detrimental to Nashville than us. I definitely would not want to play that team day after tomorrow or whatever.

Exactly. The Preds getting hot as Carolina is cooling off is a perfect time for that break. I'll take any reset after the last 2 games.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
i get no one likes this game, but when it is wrapped up take a couple minutes to look at the time on ice stats. the only goal in this game is stay healthy. we know it. nashville knows it.
self quote for a couple highlights -

turbo played under 11 minutes
aho played about 13
gardiner finished 2 seconds behind bean for team lead. he also was the only guy to hit -3. the two jakes were the only guys over 20 minutes.
martinook, on basically an ahl conditioning assignment tonight, went just over 17 minutes. only lorentz (~17:30ish) had more among the forwards.

now, get back to normal in the next one.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Hopefully this game rattled their cages a little bit. The score never mattered tonight; this was a warm-up. I just wanted to see them play with some pace and snarl, and it wasn't there. Whatever. As long as they come out flying in game 1, this one is forgotten.

I think that was the last time we Gardiner in a Canes sweater. Dude finally gets an opportunity and does... whatever that was. I just don't see how you come back from that unless the worst case scenario for our blue line plays out in the offseason. Buy him out, take on someone else's bad contract, put him on LTIR, throw a draft pick or two at Francis to take him, whatever. There are ways to make that contract go away and I can't help but think Waddell is thinking through the options.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
self quote for a couple highlights -

turbo played under 11 minutes
aho played about 13
gardiner finished 2 seconds behind bean for team lead. he also was the only guy to hit -3. the two jakes were the only guys over 20 minutes.
martinook, on basically an ahl conditioning assignment tonight, went just over 17 minutes. only lorentz (~17:30ish) had more among the forwards.

now, get back to normal in the next one.
Bean and Gardiner leading the team for TOI. Martinook and Lorentz getting the most TOI for forwards? Turbo and Aho playing reduced mins and basically glued to the bench in the 3rd. All while Hamilton, Slavin, Pesce, Staal, and Svech were scratched?

And some in here were actually hand wringing over the team not getting a great result?

We played this game like a preseason exhibition. We basically schemed our way into this result.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I don't love Nashville taking us out these couple of games but we will get the chance to prove it doesn't matter. Hopefully the extra rest will do those guys well and the rest between yesterday and game 1 does the rest of them well.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
While the lack of offense from the NTN line and from SAT the last few games is worrisome, I'm trying not to let myself get to concerned until game 1. Nashville comes into Raleigh and does this then maybe we panic a wee bit.

And sorry for the lack of liquor for the game, my guy got lost on the backroads somewhere but I'm confident he'll figure it out for game 1.

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Bean and Gardiner leading the team for TOI. Martinook and Lorentz getting the most TOI for forwards? Turbo and Aho playing reduced mins and basically glued to the bench in the 3rd. All while Hamilton, Slavin, Pesce, Staal, and Svech were scratched?

And some in here were actually hand wringing over the team not getting a great result?

We played this game like a preseason exhibition. We basically schemed our way into this result.

A somewhat aggressive fore-check without the Steller "D" is a recipe for what it was last night.

As you stated We will be fine come game 1. I am sure the Perds realize this and are not reading too much into their recent success.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->