Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Lee Stempniak (2 years, $2.5M AAV)

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
He's too good to bounce around like this. Really liked him in limited time as a Ranger. He was a steal for NJ last year.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Why isnt he getting better deals? Said it before last season before NJ signed him aswell. Why has no team signed him? Loved him when he was a NYR.

Then he scores 51 points this season and get 2,5 AAV wtf? And he is a very solid defensive player aswell. Dont get why he isnt liked more by GM`s in the NHL.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
One of those solid players where there is no reasonable explanation as to why they have moved around so much. Always liked Stempy.

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA
He'll put up roughly 40 points in the first half of the season, and then I'm sure my Bruins will trade you even more mid round picks to get him back at the deadline. :shakehead

Whaddagoal

Timos back! Let's go!
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
One of those solid players where there is no reasonable explanation as to why they have moved around so much. Always liked Stempy.

Yep, always been baffled by this.

Almost everywhere he went he was generally well liked by fans and also played a pretty reasonable or good/very good game.

In NJ he was stellar, particularly given the expectations of the whole team he quietly did his job well, quite the clutch player, at least in NJ he was always in the big moments.

daigle

Dec 19, 2007
Cool, 10th team is impressive. Sure that is something he thinks about? :)

If he is traded this season, then that's 8 teams in 4 years :handclap:

Easily a Las Vegas player next season...

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Yep, always been baffled by this.

Almost everywhere he went he was generally well liked by fans and also played a pretty reasonable or good/very good game.

In NJ he was stellar, particularly given the expectations of the whole team he quietly did his job well, quite the clutch player, at least in NJ he was always in the big moments.

Sometimes players like this get traded because they are just plain old valuable. Sillinger was a good example of that, he bounced around a ton but nobody would say he was just your average journeyman. He got traded a lot because he had qualities that teams coveted. Stempniak falls into that category too IMO.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
The journeyman journeys. I thought he'd want to go back to New Jersey after getting lots of minutes and putting up fantastic numbers, but I guess he'll get top 6 minutes in Carolina too.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't understand how teams keep getting this guy for next to nothing then letting him go after he plays really well.

Glad he got more than 1 year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->