Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Jesperi Kotkaniemi signs offersheet with the Hurricanes (1 year, $6.100035M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigM2

Sep 27, 2017
KK already signed the offer sheet, Bergy cannot make an counteroffer
Bergevin can negotiate an extension of the 1 year deal though, once he matches the $6 million for this year....For example, Habs match him at $6 million for this year and then extend for $4 million/yr for the following 3 years.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
That Canes #1 pick is worth what ? There is humoungous difference in price between 1st overall and 32nd overall. Right now, that picks looks somewhere between 20 and 32. Canes will 100% make the playoffs next season, so at best that makes it a #17. I doubt many GM's will offer their #1 or #2 C for a #17 or worse overall pick in 2022.

I guess the pick may gain/lose value at the trade deadline where there might be a clearer picture of the chances what it ends up being but now that 1st rounder ain't getting you a center.

And I guess if Habs let him go...they must offer Caufield, their own 1st 2022 and most likely a bunch of other assets to get another top 2 center in the squad.
Or let KK walked and promote Evans/Poehling. The season before the offersheet is already a disaster on the making. Play your young players and let the chips fall where it may be. Next year is a good draft and it's may not be bad to be a lottery pick team.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
That Canes #1 pick is worth what ? There is humoungous difference in price between 1st overall and 32nd overall. Right now, that picks looks somewhere between 20 and 32. Canes will 100% make the playoffs next season, so at best that makes it a #17. I doubt many GM's will offer their #1 or #2 C for a #17 or worse overall pick in 2022.

I guess the pick may gain/lose value at the trade deadline where there might be a clearer picture of the chances what it ends up being but now that 1st rounder ain't getting you a center.

And I guess if Habs let him go...they must offer Caufield, their own 1st 2022 and most likely a bunch of other assets to get another top 2 center in the squad.
Minnesota might trade ther #1C (Rask) for that first…or any 1st…or 2nd.

Reactions: Stickpucker

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Absolutely hilarious how a few weeks ago Kotkaniemi wasn’t worth a 2nd round pick on this board. Now Montreal has a chance to get a 1st and a 3rd for him and they are apparently getting fleeced by Carolina?

This board continues to amaze me more and more each day lol.

Goes both ways, KK alone could have fetched Eichel mere weeks ago. Now Habs better take the 1st+3rd and run.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Absolutely hilarious how a few weeks ago Kotkaniemi wasn’t worth a 2nd round pick on this board. Now Montreal has a chance to get a 1st and a 3rd for him and they are apparently getting fleeced by Carolina?

This board continues to amaze me more and more each day lol.
A few idiots don't determine the real value of players. No one with any inkling of hockey knowledge would say he's only worth a 2nd round pick.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Bergevin can negotiate an extension of the 1 year deal though, once he matches the $6 million for this year....For example, Habs match him at $6 million for this year and then extend for $4 million/yr for the following 3 years.
Yesss, once he matched, but he cannot match now, cause he s gonna be higher than the 10% max over the cap, he have to make a a move before matching

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
The $20 signing bonus, and all the noise from the Hurricanes Twitter account, is cringeworthy.

This is an interesting one to watch, actual hockey wise.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I'd probably say that offering a 1.5 million contract for a Calder finalist who plays a much-needed position and trading him since he wouldn't sign that contract is kind of telling. Again, it isn't the only factor, but it is part of it.
A Calder finalist who started like 20 games in a weird pandemic shortened season against the same 7 teams. Sure, they were only willing to pay Ned $1.5 million or whatever their final offer was, but that doesn't mean that is all they could afford to pay him, which was your original (and completely out of touch with reality) assertion.

Reactions: Tryamw

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
It actually will be funny if Montreal doesn't match and Kotkaniemi struggles heavily next season. Then Carolina will be stuck with a 6 million dollar player who sucks.

Carolina shouldn't have made this offer out of spite.
would be even FUNNIER if he goes to CAR and plays really well. And MTL has a ~24-ish pick and ~80-ish pick

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
A Calder finalist who started like 20 games in a weird pandemic shortened season against the same 7 teams. Sure, they were only willing to pay Ned $1.5 million or whatever their final offer was, but that doesn't mean that is all they could afford to pay him, which was your original (and completely out of touch with reality) assertion.
Spin it any way you want, but they offered 1.5 million for a Calder finalist who plays a position they needed the most. When the player wanted around double that, they traded him. The fact that they offered 1.5 million says they want him back. It wasn't only a money problem, but money was part of the problem.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
bergevin.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad