Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Gustav Forsling re-signs with the Hurricanes (1 year, $700k, two-way)

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Re-read your post, specifically:

Yeahno, the Benning haters will never stop hating, their level of hatred has reached bizarre proportions.

You applied a blanket statement to "Benning haters" (cringe) into this irrational hatred of "bizarre proportions." This was also in response to my post saying that both sides have their issues (taking a balanced, middle-of-the-road approach), which you denied.

Well I don't know what YOU mean by "Benning Haters"

... and for the purposes of this conversation it doesn't matter.

(btw you seem to lump those who aren't sure about Benning in with the Benning Haters = bizarre)

This is all about what I mean by "Benning Haters".

(seeing as how I'm the one who introduced that cringeworthy phrase to this thread)

Well I have been very clear throughout this thread about what I mean by "Benning Haters".

It's those who complain about the trade of one fringe defenseman for another 5 years after the fact.

And those who state they will quit the team for another because their GM's contract was extended.

As I've said, those folks, whom I call Benning Haters, have allowed said hatred to reach bizarre proportions.

So yeahno, no blanket statement, I was talking about a small select group.

That small select group that I call Benning Haters will never stop hating Benning in my humble opinion.

Why? Because that's one helluva lot of hatred right there bucko!

I don't think anyone can ever walk back that level of hatred, but you are of course entitled to your opinion.

you seem to be the type of person who can't ever admit they're wrong based on an inflated ego, so we're done here

That's not true, I was wrong once and I readily admitted it.

Well at least he's happy, hey that's the main thing...

Last edited:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
When you make a silly statement, and then require a long-winded post to clarify it, it means you goofed up in using inaccurate language in the original statement. Better luck next time!

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
That long-winded post was to underscore your lack of communication skills. You're welcome.

But thank you my friend for accidentally helping me prove my original point:

Benning hatred has truly reached bizarre proportions.

Last edited:

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
It's not a personal attack when it's right there in your signature and I'm just pointing it out. Once again, you have a tenuous grasp on the English language.

Anyways, back to Forsling. Still think this guy could be a good, cheap option for Carolina's bottom pairing and fill-in for injuries, with room to grow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad