Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Gustav Forsling re-signs with the Hurricanes (1 year, $700k, two-way)

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
He was real good in the AHL last year, too bad his only shot at the Canes roster will be if there’s an injury or as the 7D.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
What's the minors price ? It doesn't really matter but that's all that '2 way' really means

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
What is going on with this kid? Early on when he got a shot with Chicago I watched him a bit and he looked pretty promising

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Wait, he's a "dimbo" because he once traded a 24-year-old mostly-AHLer who cleared waivers last year? :confused:

Benning hatred has truly reached bizarre proportions.

It's more about who he traded Forsling for - a waiver-eligible bust, who can't even skate. At least Forsling has shown some NHL capabilities and looks to have had a great AHL season, so he might still have some NHL upside. Clendening is hot garbage.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It's more about who he traded Forsling for - a waiver-eligible bust, who can't even skate. At least Forsling has shown some NHL capabilities and looks to have had a great AHL season, so he might still have some NHL upside. Clendening is hot garbage.

Clendening is a great AHL D. Unless Forsling makes it to the NHL full-time, it's an easy win for Clendening.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002

As I said... "bizarre proportions".

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
As I said... "bizarre proportions".

The same can be said about Benning defenders; both sides have their warts and can go overboard. 2020-2021 should hopefully put an end to it as he either succeeds and stays GM, or the team falters and he’s shown the door.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
I had high hopes for Forsling, but I think he's got one more year here and then back to Europe. Hope I'm wrong. Seems like a good kid.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
The same can be said about Benning defenders; both sides have their warts and can go overboard. 2020-2021 should hopefully put an end to it as he either succeeds and stays GM, or the team falters and he’s shown the door.

Yeahno, the Benning haters will never stop hating, their level of hatred has reached bizarre proportions.

Although I noticed a while back that a bunch of them were talking about jumping ship for the Kraken.

Is that what you meant? A little more Canuck success and they set sail for Seattle?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Yeahno, the Benning haters will never stop hating, their level of hatred has reached bizarre proportions.

Although I noticed a while back that a bunch of them were talking about jumping ship for the Kraken.

Is that what you meant? A little more Canuck success and they set sail for Seattle?

You’re speaking in absolute terms in grouping an entire spectrum of views into one narrow category. Pretty unreasonable position to take and just discredits yourself.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
You’re speaking in absolute terms in grouping an entire spectrum of views into one narrow category. Pretty unreasonable position to take and just discredits yourself.

What extreme spectrum of views? What narrow category?

I said "a bunch of them" were saying they were going to become Seattle fans if Benning was still here by then.

This was in the Canucks Extend Jim Benning's Contract thread:

Confirmed with Link: - Canucks extend Jim Benning’s contract

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
What extreme spectrum of views? What narrow category?

I said "a bunch of them" were saying they were going to become Seattle fans if Benning was still here by then.

This was in the Canucks Extend Jim Benning's Contract thread:

Confirmed with Link: - Canucks extend Jim Benning’s contract

Look at my post above in saying “both sides have their warts” in referring to Benning supporters/critics. You responded with “Yeahno” and went on about them becoming Seattle fandom based on their irrational hatred for Benning. Given the context of our exchange, you absolutely grouped everyone critical of Benning into that view. It’s always unreasonable to apply a blanket statement to a huge spectrum of people; do better next time.

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Look at my post above in saying “both sides have their warts” in referring to Benning supporters/critics. You responded with “Yeahno” and went on about them becoming Seattle fandom based on their irrational hatred for Benning. Given the context of our exchange, you absolutely grouped everyone critical of Benning into that view. It’s always unreasonable to apply a blanket statement to a huge spectrum of people; do better next time.

Ahh but I didn't "apply a blanket statement to a huge spectrum of people".

And I didn't "group everyone critical of Benning into that view".

Please work harder on your communication skills my friend.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Ahh but I didn't "apply a blanket statement to a huge spectrum of people".

And I didn't "group everyone critical of Benning into that view".

Please work harder on your communication skills my friend.

Re-read your post, specifically:

You applied a blanket statement to "Benning haters" (cringe) into this irrational hatred of "bizarre proportions." This was also in response to my post saying that both sides have their issues (taking a balanced, middle-of-the-road approach), which you denied.

You have a tenuous grasp on the English language if you can't see those points, but you seem to be the type of person who can't ever admit they're wrong based on an inflated ego, so we're done here :laugh:.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->