Confirmed with Link: [CAR/FLA] Scott Darling + 2020 6th Round Pick for James Reimer

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Welcome to hfcanes lol. There was a time where people were trying to get rid of Turbo here. Nino is on the chopping block already for some here. Overreactions are our thing here. As for Reimer that game wasn't great for him but it also wasn't great for the team as a whole. Reimer looks far more competent in a backup role than Darling did.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Brilliant takes like this are why I often tend to stay away for a couple of days when we lose.
tenor.gif

I was still pissed about the loss to ND a couple hours earlier. Losing to NJ didn't help.

Reactions: DaveG

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
tenor.gif

I was still pissed about the loss to ND a couple hours earlier. Losing to NJ didn't help.
I get it, but again, that's why I stay away. Just like people aren't themselves when they're hungry, we aren't ourselves when we lose. Granted, I'm a fan of the same two teams and drove down 5 hours for the pleasure of the Devils game, and I didn't come up with any taeks. But it's all good, it happens.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Brilliant takes like this are why I often tend to stay away for a couple of days when we lose.

I think this is excellent advice for any sports forum. For the Panthers forum a loss on a Sunday means I don't go back until Friday at the earliest. Panthers fans are far more toxic than here, but we have our moments myself included.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I think this is excellent advice for any sports forum. For the Panthers forum a loss on a Sunday means I don't go back until Friday at the earliest. Panthers fans are far more toxic than here, but we have our moments myself included.
Hell, for all the success of my football team the Patriots, you see plenty of damn stupid takes after a loss. Occasionally, I've tried to reason with people like last year when the Canes would suffer one loss during that magnificent run, and it is a waste of time usually. Sometimes I'll just go to different boards, see what threads are active after the loss and just Abe Simpson the thing.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Thanks Florida!!!

Reims had a few speed bumps early in the season but Jesus Christ guys, he’s a decent to good goalie and has been his whole career. When he has confidence and is surrounding by good team play he responds and unsurprisingly he’s been great lately, especially on the road.

Mrazek and Reims are both going to lose games along the way and probably lay some eggs but this goaltending tandem is better than last years because Mrazek is playing more consistent and Reimer overall will be an upgrade over Mac.

This was a great trade at the time and should only get better. Bought us a lot of time in figuring out our goalie situation moving forward. Remember what our goaltending tandems looked like for the other decade before this...

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
What's really great about this trade is that it turned the worst contract on our team into an actual, positive asset. It's an even better trade than Nino for Rask because Rask actually had some capability of rebounding into an NHL-caliber player again (and we're seeing glimpses of that this year). In the future, IMO, it gives them the green light to sell high next year on one of our two guys in the tandem. Earlier this season, I thought that Reimer would be a short-timer, but the more that I think about it, I could very well see Mrazek traded next off-season (San Jose could desperately use him). Ned is, IMO, ready for the NHL, and should get the backup spot next year.

Last edited:

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
James Reimer is such a man's man. You look at this guy, and at first you might not think he's much, but you have to take a second look to break it down and really appreciate this lad. Bulging chest muscles, hulking quads, the jaw of a Greek God. Everything about him is dripping in masculinity. Lesser people look at this man and say they don't know what the big deal is, but they wish they had half the juice that Reimer has. There has never been a more gorgeous, freakish specimen that's made of 110% virility. God has blessed Reimer, and through Reimer, had blessed us.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Reimer was always gonna be better than Darling, the point of the trade was for Florida to buy out Darling instead of us. He’s been great so far in a small sample, will probably be fine but not this good for the rest of the year, and be a competent 1b for the rest of the contract.

Given this was a cap move and not a “hockey trade” for Florida, comparing it to the Rask/Nino trade probably isn’t correct. They wanted the cap room to make a big UFA splash, which they succeeded in doing. Now, argue the wisdom of spending that much on Bob all you want, but they got the goalie they wanted, and made they trade they needed to in order to do so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->