Confirmed Trade: [CAR/FLA] James Reimer for Scott Darling and 2020 BUF 6th round pick

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I and many others were totally expecting him to be flipped in a follow-up trade, but the only ones flipped were us.

Ned was our man. The official twitter wasn't even welcoming Reimer or confirming his jersey number.

Reactions: Helsinki Hurricanes

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Poor Scott Darling. You know your career is pretty much over when you're the sweetener in a deal for James Reimer.

Sniperberg

Mar 30, 2017
From NHL to EBEL in a year. Thats a rough transition for Scotty.
Atleast he has some stability in his life tho. Save pct is still the same!

RichBaster

Feb 18, 2015
The problem with Reimer has always been consistency. He'll be hot for a few weeks and then it'll regress too. Still I never understood this deal, it costs the Panthers a lot more to buyout Darling than it would've cost to buyout Reimer. All for a 6th rounder?? Seems like a waste of actual cash to me unless that 6th rounder is gonna get included in some deal later to net a better pick.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
The problem with Reimer has always been consistency. He'll be hot for a few weeks and then it'll regress too. Still I never understood this deal, it costs the Panthers a lot more to buyout Darling than it would've cost to buyout Reimer. All for a 6th rounder?? Seems like a waste of actual cash to me unless that 6th rounder is gonna get included in some deal later to net a better pick.

Buyout numbers on Darling were a bit more steady compared to Reims and provided more immediate cap relief so that the panthers could sign bob. They were also going after breadman too so they wanted all the cap space they could get.

Reactions: DaveG and HBK27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->