Confirmed with Link: [CAR] Drew MacIntyre

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Paul Branecky ‏@PaulBranecky 2m

MacIntyre signing is about as good as Checkers could have hoped for. Elite AHL goalie.

He's a really good AHL goalie.

Fumble

Mar 22, 2006
I'm thinking this will leave Muse the odd man out again during this offseason for Charlotte.

I wonder if the Canes/Checkers would have given Mike Murphy an offer for next year had he not bolted across the pond again.

I'm ok with McIntyre,Altshuller in Charlotte.
Hoping Deckert will be back with the Everblades again this year...but I think 1 more experienced goalie somewhere in the system would be valuable when the Canes run into inevitable goalie injuries.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Muse is a goalie that can be good at the AHL level, but that's about the extent of his upside. This is all about bringing in a guy that can be a #3 if absolutely needed without throwing the kid (Altshuller) to the wolves well before he's ready.

Kindof want to see us sign Iles still.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Good signing, he's a solid #3. Will be very good in Charlotte, and can help Altshuller adjust to the AHL before he hopefully takes over full time in 15-16.

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
sc-drew-mcintyre.jpg

bluedevil58*

What a great mentor for Alt. I must tip my hat to Francis.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Problem with being #3 goalie in Carolina, is you can only count on getting 25 or so starts a year in the NHL.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I'll withhold judgment on him until I see a mask design. Hopefully something better than the weak sauce that Peters and Murphy both cooked up.

Fumble

Mar 22, 2006
I'm guessing he's going to be getting close to 250k in the AHL this year. Hats off to Ronnie for getting something that was needed

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Kindof want to see us sign Iles still.

He's practically already in the system. If hockeydb is to be trusted, it seems like he's under contract with the Everblades for next season. Probably a situation where they're keeping an eye on him considering he's such a long shot for being so short.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Didn't we have a goalie a year or two ago that had Peedee the Pirate on his mask? Or something similar? Boucher maybe?

Cam's had Blackbeard on his mask for several years now, that's the closest I can think to looking like Peedee or being Pirate-themed at all. Ellis had a fisherman. I'm pretty sure it wasn't Boucher - his were pretty plain:

boucher2ndmask2011b.png

IMG_5916.jpg

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Cam should get a totally new mask design. I mean his old mask must be really gross at this point what with it being attached to the head that's been up his ass for almost 2 years now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad