Confirmed with Link: CAR/ARIZ: Marcus Kruger (10% retained by CAR), 2018 3rd for Jordan Martinook, 2018 4th

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
So, Marcus gives us both a 3rd line center and Swede bait. We have essentially 2 second line centers in Stepan and Dvorak, and a wild card in Strome. Perhaps next year we can trade up in the draft to get a 1C prospect.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
You are definitely much cooler than the rest of us. Of course we could tell that from the misspelled username and your profile picture and that slick Doan thing you do.

Doan lump yourself in with everyone else.

See what I did there? It's one of those bumper sticker things, that fly above you.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
It's a NHL prospects board. If we didn't obsess over the draft (going on 27 years of obsession myself) we wouldn't be here. I learn something new every draft crop. I appreciate the other opinions. Rt watches the games. I may not agree always with his opinion but I'm happy he has one.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Arguing that Crouse has a low ceiling just makes the inexplicable decision to give up a second rounder for him playing 70 games on the fourth line instead of sending him down and giving up the third round pick even worse. You know that right?
I don't think has a low ceiling, but you and others seem to think he was some kind of offensive dynamo and now he is ruined because he played with the Yotes two years ago. In fact, I think he lost a year of NHL development by RT wanting offensive dynamo Rinaldo in the line up.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's a NHL prospects board. If we didn't obsess over the draft (going on 27 years of obsession myself) we wouldn't be here. I learn something new every draft crop. I appreciate the other opinions. Rt watches the games. I may not agree always with his opinion but I'm happy he has one.
Yours always turns out to be correct anyway. Haha. Thank you for adding value to the message board over the years. I love reading coherent observations and commentary.

Dolts that just drive by stating the obvious and think it’s worthwhile because they put some sad baby boomer bad boy snark on it, really have always been an annoyance around here. They never last, though. I always imagine they go out the way they hope; devoured by their own varicose veins or clogged arteries in their finest Tommy Bahama shirt at a Margaritaville somewhere while complaining about millennials.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

As am I.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Desperation was at the root of the decision to rush Crouse. It appears justified desperation as that regime got the axe right after. So I can’t say I blame guys with guns to their heads. It’s clealry the wrong development path for projects like Crouse. That he’s been born out time and time again. I think you just haven’t been paying close enough attention to prospect development trends in the nhl for long enough.

Your partner in this theory Jake happily admits that lending a keen eye to prospect development is not his forte. I’ve been obsessed with the nhl draft for 15 years. My nhl team has been mostly garbage in that time. I’ve ranked prospect watching ahead of nhl watching for most of that time as a result.

Be as snarky as you want. Keeping Crouse up was very clearly a stupid decision at the time. It looks even worse today. There’s nothing to argue about.
Now you are an expert because you watch the draft? Since you are obsessed with the draft you do know that most prospects never play in the NHL and even drafting in the high first round in a crap shot.

rt

May 13, 2004
I don't think has a low ceiling, but you and others seem to think he was some kind of offensive dynamo and now he is ruined because he played with the Yotes two years ago. In fact, I think he lost a year of NHL development by RT wanting offensive dynamo Rinaldo in the line up.
Large, toolsy prospects who haven’t yet dominated amateur leagues offensively should always be given time to do so. That’s called development. It’s also common knowledge and conventional wisdom. It’s not an argument. There isn’t a point/counterpoint thing, here. It’s cut and dried. Somehow you’ve missed it. I’m sorry. It’s not worth it. I’m not going to sit here perpetually reminding you that water is wet.

rt

May 13, 2004
Now you are an expert because you watch the draft? Since you are obsessed with the draft you do know that most prospects never play in the NHL and even drafting in the high first round in a crap shot.
My god Jake. They’ve cloned you. How many D1 games did you catch this year? Great frozen Four, right? Catch that? Check out any CHL games so far? Excited for the Memorial Cup are you? I’m sure you watch every year, right? U20? U18? Are you watching the WC?

Add something if you having something to add. If all you’re going to do is a very bad job at dragging people, please just f*** off.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Large, toolsy prospects who haven’t yet dominated amateur leagues offensively should always be given time to do so. That’s called development. It’s also common knowledge and conventional wisdom. It’s not an argument. There isn’t a point/counterpoint thing, here. It’s cut and dried. Somehow you’ve missed it. I’m sorry. It’s not worth it. I’m not going to sit here perpetually reminding you that water is wet.

Promise? No more typing just to see your words? No more beating the same old dead horse time and time again? No more patting yourself on the back in the event you're correct? Really? Promise?

I may read this forum a bit more, after all.

rt

May 13, 2004
Promise? No more typing just to see your words? No more beating the same old dead horse time and time again? No more patting yourself on the back in the event you're correct? Really? Promise?

I may read this forum a bit more, after all.
Whatever I can do to help you read. Baby steps man. It’s never too late. It’ll be like one of those adult GED classes. You can do it, buddy!

Reactions: Matias Maccete

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
You’re posting on a message board called Hockey’s Future. What do you think this is for? Casual fans who don’t know much about prospects? Why are you even here? Do you join woodworking message boards to talk about the great end tables you bought and **** talk people passionate about saws and finishes?

norm-abram-new-yankee.jpg

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'm okay with posters criticizing other opinions provided they provide one of their own. It's easy to say someone else is wrong when talking about the NHL draft where success is defined by hitting on 20% of your picks.

Reactions: The Feckless Puck

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

This is how I view your posts, not rt's. Instead of making a cohesive point you just type words, instead of using evidence in your "very experienced however many years" of watching hockey you just beat the same dead horse. You seem like a poster that really self projects with the arguments you choose to start.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Most prospects DON'T dominate amateur leagues and are not offensive dynamos, and never will be, and that is why most don't make it to the NHL regardless of how much development they get.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->