GDT: Capz @ Maple Syruppers. 7pm EST. Canada-land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Pacioretty needs to sit when Wilson and Milano come back. He is of no help.
Def sit Sgarbossa, then it’s between NAK and Patches. That’s a toss up. NAK can have some really bad games.

I feel like IF we make it, Patches could be like 1998 Brian Bellows for the team. Score some clutch goals down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Problem is mostly his goalscoring. He is supposed to bring goals and only sits on three goals in 37 games.

The seasons before he had 3 in 5, 19 in 39 and 24 in 48. So the years before his injury he was a .5 GPG. Wasnt expected to continue with that on Capitals after injury, but around .3 to .4 GPG was around what would be a successfull signing. He lacks in the defensive part og the game so if he isnt bringing goals he is not worth it.

If he doesnt score I have him in the group with Sgarbossa and NAK who should sit.
I’d have to see the metrics (queue the Fancy Stats), but it seems like Pacioretty is playing better defense and NAK? That’s my eye test, at least.

Reactions: Calicaps

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
But his career was built on scoring goals and that (for me anyway) is why he's been disappointing.
And I'm pretty sure he was signed for that reason.

3 goals on 75 shots. Shooting at 4% is D-man territory (Sandin and Fever).
Which means his puck luck has been poor. It’ll turn, much like Ovechkin’s did (and NO, I am NOT comparing him to Ovy…..it’s just that goal scorers go thru slumps with their shooting, just as they go on hot streaks).

It could be a situation where he gets hot and goes on a little heater. Candidly, with the way this season has gone, I expect him to get a little hot. Caps will need it, and he will deliver, IMO.

Mark it down.

So now I can look the fool, in short order 🥴🥴🥴

Reactions: marcel snapshot

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Def sit Sgarbossa, then it’s between NAK and Patches. That’s a toss up. NAK can have some really bad games.

I feel like IF we make it, Patches could be like 1998 Brian Bellows for the team. Score some clutch goals down the stretch and in the playoffs.

I’d have to see the metrics (queue the Fancy Stats), but it seems like Pacioretty is playing better defense and NAK? That’s my eye test, at least.
I was looking at hockey stats cards and I think he was like 3rd or 4th highest amongst forwards in his fancy score. And he is absolutely a good veteran presence and voice. Especially when he first came back and just worked hard every shift. I’ll take him over NAK.

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
I think sometimes there are teams that are just a bad match up. The Leafs are that team for the Caps. We play our best when we slow the tempo of the game, clog up the neutral zone, and limit turnovers to fast transition teams like the Leafs. The compete level was really good, so it wasn't a matter of effort, but the Leafs forced them to play a lot faster than they wanted to.

Against a high powered offense, the game can get away from you quickly, and it's hard to reverse the momentum when you're playing from behind. Mistakes were made and some bounces didn't go our way. We have a lot of inexperienced youth which is why the losses can be so lopsided sometimes. Losing a lopsided game in an unfavorable match up doesn't mean the team sucks. I hope the coaching staff uses this as a teaching moment for the kids and regroups for the next one.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Whatever. Remember a few years ago when we beat the Leafs twice in a row and they missed the playoffs? haha Team is gross.

They're the Vanilla Ice of the NHL.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Which means his puck luck has been poor. It’ll turn, much like Ovechkin’s did (and NO, I am NOT comparing him to Ovy…..it’s just that goal scorers go thru slumps with their shooting, just as they go on hot streaks).

It could be a situation where he gets hot and goes on a little heater. Candidly, with the way this season has gone, I expect him to get a little hot. Caps will need it, and he will deliver, IMO.

Mark it down.

So now I can look the fool, in short order 🥴🥴🥴
Fingers crossed! :laugh:

Though it would be to our detriment as fans, were you to be the fool, and Patches to continue not scoring.

Then again we still have Protas as a future 80 point guy to roast you over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad