News Article: Captain Z B’s-lieves Team trusted to sort out roster

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
“Those are the kind of things that are part of this whole new game,†Chara said yesterday at Ristuccia Arena. “It’s something that really, as a player, you can’t control. These things can happen even when you do have everyone in your camp. Whether they do or do not happen, it’s something for management to decide to make changes or not. As a player, all you can do is work hard and do your best and if something does happen, you just have to move on.

“It’s just the nature of this game. For sure, we are not in an easy situation, but what I think has been really great about this team and, obviously, the management is that they always do find a way to make those adjustments.â€

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2014/09/captain_z_b_s_lieves

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
“Those are the kind of things that are part of this whole new game,†Chara said yesterday at Ristuccia Arena. “It’s something that really, as a player, you can’t control. These things can happen even when you do have everyone in your camp. Whether they do or do not happen, it’s something for management to decide to make changes or not. As a player, all you can do is work hard and do your best and if something does happen, you just have to move on.

“It’s just the nature of this game. For sure, we are not in an easy situation, but what I think has been really great about this team and, obviously, the management is that they always do find a way to make those adjustments.â€

http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2014/09/captain_z_b_s_lieves

pretty much the way all the HF fans feel:sarcasm:

Thx Wally

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I didn't realize he had two broken fingers, I thought he just had one.

No wonder his play suffered.

Chara rarely says anything about his injuries. He didn't say anything IIRC about his hip in 2013, though in the finals it was obviously killing him. That one of his fingers was broken so badly that the bone was sticking out (ack) and he never said a word or used it as an excuse is typical, not just of him, but of a lot of hockey players.

The problem is, though, IMHO, guys like Chara are just too damn stoic. Fans end up pointing fingers and blaming them for not playing well, not knowing that some of these guys are struggling to get on the ice. How much you want to bet that Bergeron wouldn't have said anything about his injuries if he hadn't been hospitalized? These guys are the Spartan boy with the fox under his shirt. They'd rather die than admit to pain.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Chara rarely says anything about his injuries. He didn't say anything IIRC about his hip in 2013, though in the finals it was obviously killing him. That one of his fingers was broken so badly that the bone was sticking out (ack) and he never said a word or used it as an excuse is typical, not just of him, but of a lot of hockey players.

The problem is, though, IMHO, guys like Chara are just too damn stoic. Fans end up pointing fingers and blaming them for not playing well, not knowing that some of these guys are struggling to get on the ice. How much you want to bet that Bergeron wouldn't have said anything about his injuries if he hadn't been hospitalized? These guys are the Spartan boy with the fox under his shirt. They'd rather die than admit to pain.

Sounds like more of a problem with the fans than the players IMO

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Chara said his offseason workout regimen was geared toward improving his quickness, and he does not see a definitive end to his career just yet.

“Honestly I’m only looking at this season,†he said. “I don’t want to be looking at four or five or six years (ahead). I want to be as ready and fit as I can be and basically go through that season. When that season is over, then on to the next one. As of right now, I’m locked into (four more years) and I’m going to finish this deal and obviously I want to finish strong and healthy and competitive.

“I always say that I want to be effective and be a big part of this team. I don’t want to just cruise through a year or to the end of a deal because there’s just a final one or two years.â€

The day Chara hangs them up will be a sad day. The greatest UFA signing ever.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
generally the injuries come out after..

They do. But Chara wouldn't take his hand out of his pocket while talking to the media on breakup day. It's like he didn't want even a hint at conceding he was hurt. His father was an Olympic wrestler, and I always had the impression that "injuries are no excuse" was drummed into his head from the time he was able to walk.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
They do. But Chara wouldn't take his hand out of his pocket while talking to the media on breakup day. It's like he didn't want even a hint at conceding he was hurt. His father was an Olympic wrestler, and I always had the impression that "injuries are no excuse" was drummed into his head from the time he was able to walk.

Fans are like that too. :)

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Chara said his offseason workout regimen was geared toward improving his quickness, and he does not see a definitive end to his career just yet.

“Honestly I’m only looking at this season,†he said. “I don’t want to be looking at four or five or six years (ahead). I want to be as ready and fit as I can be and basically go through that season. When that season is over, then on to the next one. As of right now, I’m locked into (four more years) and I’m going to finish this deal and obviously I want to finish strong and healthy and competitive.

“I always say that I want to be effective and be a big part of this team. I don’t want to just cruise through a year or to the end of a deal because there’s just a final one or two years.â€

He will help bring us another Cup before he is done.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

I'm with you. Hard to think of a better one off the top of my head.

Boy, Savard and Chara in one year too. That was amazing. Obviously we'll never know just how amazing because of Savard's injuries, but what a change in fortunes for our B's those signings were.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Boy, Savard and Chara in one year too. That was amazing. Obviously we'll never know just how amazing because of Savard's injuries, but what a change in fortunes for our B's those signings were.

I tell you I have a ton of great memories from Savard for a guy being here a pretty short period of time. The Montreal and Philly OT goals... the Dallas think jumping Avery...

Looch-Savard-Kessel could have been one of the all time great Bruins lines with some duration IMO..

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I tell you I have a ton of great memories from Savard for a guy being here a pretty short period of time. The Montreal and Philly OT goals... the Dallas think jumping Avery...

Looch-Savard-Kessel could have been one of the all time great Bruins lines with some duration IMO..

That Philly OT goal was a thing of beauty. Spotlight on him as he goes to the glass. Amazing.

God did he have soft hands too. Some of his passes seemed to defy logic.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003

That was a great July 1, having a big Canada Day party at my house then checked TSN around 3pm and saw the Bruins signed them both, it made for a great celebration that day!

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
In my mind I hear this at the end of the season:

Me Chara........ggnnnnngggggg.......me not lift Cup......mmmrrrrrrr.....me angry.....me have no more to say.

Really? You know the guy speaks half a dozen languages and earned a college degree (in his third language) while playing full time in the NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad