Movies: Captain Marvel

Sep 19, 2008
Why would you go there for opinions on this movie?
I don't regularly post there, I lurk and scour reddits for information. That was just what was said there. I was like you kidding me Wonder Woman better than Captain Marvel :laugh:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

That review is so embarrassing you could maybe even convince me that it is actually a fake review that was written in order to make anybody who dislikes it look stupid. :rolleyes:

Except I know that site is real.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
That review is so embarrassing you could maybe even convince me that it is actually a fake review that was written in order to make anybody who dislikes it look stupid. :rolleyes:

Thats a whole lot of yikes. Complaining that they show Fury washing dishes... In that scene he is washing dishes right next to Captain Marvel who is drying the dishes...

Reactions: Pilky01

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

unfortunately, Jeremy Jahns's review and spoiler talk is just as bad.

non stop complaints about SJW, and all of his complaints/nitpicks were explained in the movie clearly he just didnt pay attention.

example: he complained about
the end when Fury changes the name of the initiative. he bitched because he didnt see him type "Avengers" on the screen. despite the movie clearly showing and zooming in on her callsign in the picture being Avenger...and the Avengers score swelling in

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
6ohotucuajl21.jpg

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
agreed on the final battle music. that was too on the nose for me as well. I personally would've stuck with the marvel cinematic score there. We're seeing her full powers, make it epic.

that song should've been used elsewhere, like either the opening sparring scene or the granny fight

I will say...
I called the good guy/bad guy flip because of Guardians 1. Saw Kree as good guys and thought, "wait, wasn't Ronin a Kree" then sure enough, there he is. One of the minor drawbacks to the amount of universe building the MCU has had.
But not big enough to get mad

From your spoiler, personally I'm a little confused how the space stuff all fits together in the MCU. I don't know if it makes more sense if you follow all the comics but what we have with the MCU is some haphazard collection of whatever the comics needed at the moment which doesn't make any amount of sense when you look at it from a big picture. As well Marvel/MCU likes to have their cake and eat it to, where they create a galaxy/universe (the distinction being one of those confusing things) that's vibrant and full of advanced civilizations while Earth is allowed to be left on it's own while also simultaneously being of vital importance in the grander scheme of things.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I will say...
I called the good guy/bad guy flip because of Guardians 1. Saw Kree as good guys and thought, "wait, wasn't Ronin a Kree" then sure enough, there he is. One of the minor drawbacks to the amount of universe building the MCU has had.
But not big enough to get mad

If you watch Agents of Shield, you could see if coming even before Ronin.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I've begun to understand why Cosmic Book News is laughed at so much at the superherohype.com forums.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
It was a good movie ( I liked BP better) but it wasn’t as good as I was hoping it for; and I wonder if that’s just because she’s in the way of endgame lol

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I don't think woke twitter hates RLM as much as they think they are a target for some odd reason.

I also think RLM's quality has taken a massive nose-dive other than their BOTW and RE:view videos.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
One of my go to youtube movie channels is Collider. They almost always have good conversations about the movies. They bring up and discuss valid concerns and have a good dialog in most of their reviews.

Captain Marvel is no different. They are able to discuss what they didnt like and use actual reasoning without "FEMINISM/SJW BAD" yelling. In fact, refreshingly so, they dont frame their issues with it as being about feminism at all. Its just dislikes about the movie.

Warning: The video is a SPOILER talk. Dont watch it until after you see the movie

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

That would be AMAZING!!!! :popcorn:

I don't think woke twitter hates RLM as much as they think they are a target for some odd reason.

I also think RLM's quality has taken a massive nose-dive other than their BOTW and RE:view videos.

When I say "Woke Twitter" I am largely referring to the Moviebob, Arthur Chu, Nberlat, Film Crit Hulk, Peter Norway kind of weirdos who are constantly RT'ing each other (which is actually not true, none of the people Moviebob idolizes ever RT or interact with him). Basically the crowd that the old Politics board users would like share and subscribe to ad infinitum.

But anyway, Moviebob RT'd this and he has been open about his disdain for RLM since at least The Last Jedi. That film was clearly such a huge turning point for popular cinema and the online discourse that surrounds it.

Last edited:

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site

Posting these two videos here because I think they're both good discussions and also because Woke Twitter hates these people so much.

I saw the second video (while not seeing his TLJ video) and he makes a good point as much as there are idiots that need to liken everything to hating feminist and a culture war, the other side can’t differentiate between not liking a movie cause it was bad or characters made stupid calls. I thought the leader in TLJ was stupid and never once did I think it was cause she was a woman; also in general I’ve been disappointed in the new Star Wars (first was an a new hope rip
Off and second was long and had too much unesssacry stuff) but that’s not for discussion here

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
- Fourth-biggest superhero launch ever in China
- Fourth-biggest pre-summer debut ever:
- Fourth-biggest domestic opening for a Samuel L. Jackson movie
- Biggest IMAX global launch for a non-sequel
- Biggest opening weekend for a movie starring a cat

Some of the more obscure fun facts about CM courtesy of Forbes Mendelson

tumblr_pkwkfmgr7l1xesfv3o1_500.gif

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I saw the second video (while not seeing his TLJ video) and he makes a good point as much as there are idiots that need to liken everything to hating feminist and a culture war, the other side can’t differentiate between not liking a movie cause it was bad or characters made stupid calls. I thought the leader in TLJ was stupid and never once did I think it was cause she was a woman; also in general I’ve been disappointed in the new Star Wars (first was an a new hope rip
Off and second was long and had too much unesssacry stuff) but that’s not for discussion here

That Vito's guys Last Jedi video was (from my perspective anyway) extremely fair AND extremely entertaining. There is a reason his 30 minute video has over 5 million views (even beating long established YouTubers like CinemaSins). He was a completely obscure nobody (far as I can tell anyway) before he made that Last Jedi video and now he has international media outlets writing articles about how he is a misogynist, alt-right troll. I feel bad for him. He has a "breakthrough", massively successful video, but that success is accompanied by hordes of Blue Check Mark Twitter and their media friends attacking him as a woman hating man baby. It has to be massively frustrating.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Th whole orchestral soundtrack is now on MarvelMusicVEVO channel. I'm not that familiar with Pinar Toprak although she did Justice League but there wasn't much memorable that movie anyway. She did a decent job on this though. The Captain Marvel theme and "I'm all fired up" really work:

Reactions: Roman Fell

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I don't regularly post there, I lurk and scour reddits for information. That was just what was said there. I was like you kidding me Wonder Woman better than Captain Marvel :laugh:

How do you know that the poster is upset because...could be a woman from China. Could be a Jussie Smollett.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad