Captain Keller or Captain Crouse?

Who should be captain of the Arizona Coyotes?

• Total voters

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Without intimate knowledge of the locker room and other activities, I vote Keller. On numerous occasions he looked like our captain on the ice. Like if I was a fan of another team, and you told me Keller was caption, i wouldn't question it and would tell other people he's the captain.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
number of majors taken career:

FLA Barkov 0
LAK Kopitar 0
Those two floor me. Not because they're choir boys, but because they both play strong, heavy, all-situations, and Kopitar has almost 1,400 games. Amazing.

Truth is we don't really know who the vocal guy in the room is, who's the level-headed one when tempers are flaring and who organizes post-game dinner in a road city.

Voted Crouse.
Don’t think Sakic, Yzerman or Lidstrom were much for fighting.
Doug Gilmour didn't think so either.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
C needs to be able to fight. I have always hated making the best player the captain. There are a few exceptions, like Lidstrom, but for the most part the captain must be able to get dirty in the trenches. Crouse is ideal.
That's the stupidest thing I have ever read. There have been many past captains in the NHL that don't fight. It doesn't have to be your best player either, rather a player that the team respects and looks up to and will go to battle with. It could be Crouse or Keller, or maybe a guy like Hayton who battled hard to get where he is and the team was over joyed when he finally broke thru. I was not Hayton's biggest fan, but he hung in there and finally played the way he should have a couple of years earlier. That takes character, and that's what you need in a captain, not looking for someone who can fight.

Reactions: Prarievarg

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Without intimate knowledge of the locker room and other activities, I vote Keller. On numerous occasions he looked like our captain on the ice. Like if I was a fan of another team, and you told me Keller was caption, i wouldn't question it and would tell other people he's the captain.
I agree. How Keller came back from that injury showed a lot of character and dedication. He led a shit team all year. Really showed his maturity and character.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Sticking up for your teammates shouldnt be exclusive to the guy with the C. Whether he fights or not isn't realy that important IMO.
Who does the team and coaches respect. They are around each other every day and have a better idea than us fans.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
IMO...there's as much chance as Fantilli being selected 1st overall as there is of Crouse being selected as Captain.

AT will run to the podium to announce Keller as the next Captain in Coyotes history.

• Haha
Reactions: Baby Doaner

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Vote is an even split. Wow. Maybe we really did need a third party candidate to disrupt the vote.

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
Is none an option? Tourigny pretty much said that they will not be picking a captain for next season already.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
That's the stupidest thing I have ever read. There have been many past captains in the NHL that don't fight. It doesn't have to be your best player either, rather a player that the team respects and looks up to and will go to battle with. It could be Crouse or Keller, or maybe a guy like Hayton who battled hard to get where he is and the team was over joyed when he finally broke thru. I was not Hayton's biggest fan, but he hung in there and finally played the way he should have a couple of years earlier. That takes character, and that's what you need in a captain, not looking for someone who can fight.
Why should have Hayton played that way earlier? You have stated that some players need more time. Considering the unusual “handling” of his development, the outcome and time needed was hardly a surprise.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I think we should find a home before we decide who should be C! It would be another embarrassment if the new captain declares he wants to go where there is stability.

Reactions: Jakey53

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I chose Crouse but really I think either would be fine as a captain. A big thing I would want out of a team captain right now, other than the typical hockey leadership stuff, is a vocal and unwavering commitment to hockey in AZ. Someone who isn't afraid to be vocal about their support for keeping the Yotes here and not letting the talking heads from other markets get to them.

Man Doaner was a gem, we really didn't deserve him but as a Coyotes fan I'm so thankful he was a Yote for life! He was amazing on the ice and in the lockeroom but the way he defended Coyote nation in general was awesome and infectious. That's one thing I'll always appreciate about the 2010-2012 teams, those players took umbrage with all the shit talk from other markets and were gloriously obstinate about it as well. A very f*** you we're Coyotes and proud attitude. Players like Aucoin, Yandle, Morris, Doaner, Hanzal...man it was great!!

• Love

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I chose Crouse but really I think either would be fine as a captain. A big thing I would want out of a team captain right now, other than the typical hockey leadership stuff, is a vocal and unwavering commitment to hockey in AZ. Someone who isn't afraid to be vocal about their support for keeping the Yotes here and not letting the talking heads from other markets get to them.

Man Doaner was a gem, we really didn't deserve him but as a Coyotes fan I'm so thankful he was a Yote for life! He was amazing on the ice and in the lockeroom but the way he defended Coyote nation in general was awesome and infectious. That's one thing I'll always appreciate about the 2010-2012 teams, those players took umbrage with all the shit talk from other markets and were gloriously obstinate about it as well. A very f*** you we're Coyotes and proud attitude. Players like Aucoin, Yandle, Morris, Doaner, Hanzal...man it was great!!
How about Numminen's attitude? He looked sadder to leave the yotes than he did when losing to Sweden in an olympic final.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad