Post-Game Talk: Caps win 5-4 in SO

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Well, I have NO IDEA what possibly went wrong that game.

detector.gif

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Another inspired performance from Pavelec.... :shakehead

I'm sorry, but that was brutal.

Positives are everything else though, played with heart, kept up the pressure, Clitmore..

Ugh.

JustBeCool

boom shakalaka
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
I am just going to post the stats for all you pav lovers.

Saved 28/32 for a save percentage of 0.875

while holtby on the other hand,

saved 43/47 for a save percentage of 0.915

I don't hate pav, I just have higher expectations.

wpgJetsfan

Dec 24, 2010
Pavelec cost us the game. Such a trash goalie who lets in 3+ goals per game. I honestly don't know what the Jets could've done to win that game when you have a goalie who can't even stop a beach ball.

It's time for the coaching staff to Bench him and put in Montoya. I'd go so far to say that this game would've been won in regulation if Montoya was in goal.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
I put almost all my vcash on the jets for this one.

Seeing Claude completely dejected, and frustrated, I was certain I'd seen this before..... it's the only time the team comes out with guns blazing...

But the Caps had a super hot goalie and for the first time I admit I wanted to pull Pav in the 2nd.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I hope Noel is happy now. Not starting Montoya today was criminal. This loss is on him and Pavs. We outplayed the Caps in every area of the game except for goaltending.

Noel better not say anything ngative about offensive players or complain about playing with "too much skill" in the post game

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I can see this PGT being slightly annoying.

But honestly, this is the first time this season that I've felt optimistic about our chances. This is the first season it has looked like the players actually played the best they could. Defensively it didn't look too good, but it looked damn good offensively, because we played the way we're supposed to. Fast paced, chances on the rush, lots of hits.

And no, Pavs wasn't good enough this game.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Disappointing to lose, but a fun game to watch. Some very good play by a number of players tonight, with lots of effort, something that's been missing since the start of the season.

Pavs shaky on a couple of those goals, and man: just ONE of those had to be saved in the SO. :( C'est la vie.

I liked KSW tonight - give that line a few games to get some chemistry, and it could be very good.

Ladd - Little - Seto line looked good. Definitely "A" games, as Noel would put it.

Buff looked good, Enstrom looked solid, Pardy looked solid, etc.

Tiny bit better play by Pavs, and that was the Jets game. First time I've actually felt positive all year about their play.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I am just going to post the stats for all you pav lovers.

Saved 28/32 for a save percentage of 0.875

while holtby on the other hand,

saved 43/47 for a save percentage of 0.915

I don't hate pav, I just have higher expectations.

And to be honest, the shots on Holtby were of of way higher quality than ones on Pavs.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
That must be really deflecting for the entire team, to play so well the entire game yet lose anyways because of a bad goaltender.

He had THREE chances to win the game, couldn't stop any of them. :shakehead

I'll be furious if Pavelec plays the next game, but you know he will.

Kinjero

Aug 9, 2011
YSJ
Was surprised not to see the Italian stallion in the mix.. I thought he was the shootout stud? Anyone know what Kanes stats are for shootouts? The loss sucks, but this is the team I love to watch... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better boys

GoldenJet89

Feb 4, 2012
Great goaltending wins games... Minus the shootout Holtby was outstanding.

When you outshoot/outchance a team that badly i dont know how you can lose. I mean in regulation... who cares about how the shootout went honestly

JustBeCool

boom shakalaka
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
Was surprised not to see the Italian stallion in the mix.. I thought he was the shootout stud? Anyone know what Kanes stats are for shootouts? The loss sucks, but this is the team I love to watch... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better boys

1/10 or something like that.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
As for the positives KSW line looked great. Scheifele finally showing his offense. Ladd, Little reliable as usual. Buff amazing. Kane great as always. Let's hope this game marks the return of beast Wheeler.:handclap:

White Out 403*

The loss actually stings less for me because I just sort of expected that we'd blow it in the shoot out. This whole team basically just had their heart ripped out of their chest by #31. I really want to see what Noelle does in response.

What a great game. It's criminal we lost.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Lots of A games: Ladd, Little, Wheeler, Kane, Frolik, Jokinen...

D all good tonight

Good game by Scheif BUT has to bury his chances

bottom 6 played well

Team let down by one player! We all know who!:rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad