Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Hi. What is your problem here? A check of stats page showed the Caps 4th line skating as much as the Wild 4th. The EVG they gave up was with the 4th line on the ice.

I am curious how much you think Reirden should be playing those guys?
I think there was a shift with 62-20-17 and after 1 shift of rest he sent 62-20-14 out there. I dont think that was necessary. 14-26-21 would hold the fort.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
As does every team.

It’s whining. People simply like to bitch about something.
I disagree. It is analysis. The team is making the same mistakes last year that hurt them in the playoffs (inability to exit the zone, needless turnovers, unnecessary penalties). It is not just making up something to complain about for fun. These are real holes in their game. At the same time they are doing a lot of things well too (finishing scoring chances, getting better goaltending, cutting down on odd man breaks).

Reactions: koalabear9301

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I disagree. It is analysis. The team is making the same mistakes last year that hurt them in the playoffs (inability to exit the zone, needless turnovers, unnecessary penalties). It is not just making up something to complain about for fun. These are real holes in their game. At the same time they are doing a lot of things well too (finishing scoring chances, getting better goaltending, cutting down on odd man breaks).

all anyone talks about are the “holes”, as you put it.

it’s a salary capped league for gods sakes, and the other team is trying their asses off to win. So of course they will make the Caps look a bad at times.

you expect perfection? LOL

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Zone exits have been a weakness throughout the TR era. It's something they did really well in the spring of 2018 that they aren't doing as well now. They hit that little pass from the corner to the high slot in the D zone consistently, and then had a lot of ice to work with.

Nisky and Djoos were pretty good at either giving or receiving that pass, and they're both gone. That may be part of the reason they got away from it. Or maybe TR just didn't like it.

Anyway, pretty good win. I see 8 - 92 - 17 is the new post-PK line. That's fun.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think there was a shift with 62-20-17 and after 1 shift of rest he sent 62-20-14 out there. I dont think that was necessary. 14-26-21 would hold the fort.

Seriously? You are giving Reirden shit over that? Reirden does that ALL THE TIME. A line has a good shift and he sends them right back out. This bothers you apparently. Ok

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
They need to figure this defense out, though Jensen is... looking better? Kempny was brutal and I have no faith in him finding his game until next season... he just looks gassed, which is to be expected after the injury he had to come back from. Siegenthaler seemed steady which was encouraging. Would like to see Dillon-Carlson, Orlov-Jensen, Siegs-Gudas on Wednesday.

Thought that was one of Kuznetsov's best games of the year. He and Ovi looked engaged and dangerous. And please get this man Kovalchuk a goal.

That Panik snipe is why boosting the bottom six was so important. No chance Leipsic turns that play into a goal.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
They need to figure this defense out, though Jensen is... looking better? Kempny was brutal and I have no faith in him finding his game until next season... he just looks gassed, which is to be expected after the injury he had to come back from. Siegenthaler seemed steady which was encouraging. Would like to see Dillon-Carlson, Orlov-Jensen, Siegs-Gudas on Wednesday.

Thought that was one of Kuznetsov's best games of the year. He and Ovi looked engaged and dangerous. And please get this man Kovalchuk a goal.

That Panik snipe is why boosting the bottom six was so important. No chance Leipsic turns that play into a goal.

So glad that the Caps right now have a 13th and 14th forward and 7th dman to even have the option to rotate players in right now. We were fielding only 20 players at one point for awhile there.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
all anyone talks about are the “holes”, as you put it.

it’s a salary capped league for gods sakes, and the other team is trying their asses off to win. So of course they will make the Caps look a bad at times.

you expect perfection? LOL

Yeah, as much as I can't stand Milbury, he made a point during the game that there are a lot of teams scrambling for wildcard spots and they aren't going to just lie down and quit.
Especially the Wild. Those 2 points would have put them into a wildcard spot.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Seriously? You are giving Reirden shit over that? Reirden does that ALL THE TIME. A line has a good shift and he sends them right back out. This bothers you apparently. Ok

and I’m pretty sure that shift dominated for a good minute of zone time and probably was the most dominant shift of the game lol.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
He didnt send the same line out.

He said how he can now use all 4 lines after deadline and... That occasion surely wasnt one of those cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad