Post-Game Talk: Caps VS Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
More of the same from this team. Some good and some bad but not the type of game that’s good enough to consistently win in the playoffs.

Reactions: sycamore

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Ok here’s a test for Laviolette. Kuznetsov’s line is currently at ~90% xGF.

Will Kuznetsov see more than 5 minutes this period?

So for what its worth, 8-92-43 was out there 5 on 6 in the last few mins when Sabers scored the ENG, but that was 100% on the defense. Lazy clear by JC, didn't tie up his man by Orlov. Still indicated some trust for 92 late. Progress.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
B
So for what its worth, 8-92-43 was out there 5 on 6 in the last few mins when Sabers scored the ENG, but that was 100% on the defense. Lazy clear by JC, didn't tie up his man by Orlov. Still indicated some trust for 92 late. Progress.
Buffalo didn't score an empty net goal.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Seems like i saw 4-2 a few times as well as 9-74. But then on Sabres third goal it was 4-74. I’d like to see the pairs changed for a whole game.

9-74
4-2
33-3

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I agree he wasn’t impressive for most of the game.

But part of his job is to get open and wait for people to feed him the puck. That was a good play.
But we need more out of him. We need him to help defensively. We need him to forecheck. We need him to accidentally hit someone. He might be the biggest floater in the league.
He is up there with Kutcherov, Panarin and Kane except those guys are alot better offensively.

Reactions: chilimac

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
How about 34 instead of 33
I’d like to see Seiges in. That doesn’t seem to be an option Lavi wants though. Even when he got a sweater he played like 19 seconds (last shift of game). At least TVR got a few shifts through the game. not sure what to make of that.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
More of the same from this team. Some good and some bad but not the type of game that’s good enough to consistently win in the playoffs.
They don't look like a playoff winner right now, but their 5v5 offense is excellent relative to the rest of the league, which is important for the post-season, and Lavi has an excellent record in the playoffs. So I'm not despairing yet.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Tom Wilson made some nice plays but I think he played smarter last year. That offside could have been avoided if he made an effort to walk the blue line.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I’d like to see Seiges in. That doesn’t seem to be an option Lavi wants though. Even when he got a sweater he played like 19 seconds (last shift of game). At least TVR got a few shifts through the game. not sure what to make of that.
If Seigenthaler was in the lineup he might be our best shutdown guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->