Post-Game Talk: Caps VS Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Finally just shooting pucks.

Alan May hit it on the head in the first intermission: last year's hockey is creeping back in. I assume that's fatigue, they're tired and doing what comes naturally (which is two years of bad hockey) and the system isn't instinctive yet.

Kuznetsov's line at the end of the period just starts whipping everything towards the net and suddenly they look menacing.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Ok here’s a test for Laviolette. Kuznetsov’s line is currently at ~90% xGF.

Will Kuznetsov see more than 5 minutes this period?

Reactions: troyerlaw

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Can't watch the game, sounds like I'm not missing much despite them being ahead. How are Kuz and Vrana doing?

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Can't watch the game, sounds like I'm not missing much despite them being ahead. How are Kuz and Vrana doing?
Vrana doesn’t have any confidence right now, it would seem. And maybe also he is pouting a bit, i don’t know. But he didn’t look good on the shift where Sabres rang one off crossbar. He also ended a nice long possession cycle for Caps by passing puck to the center point, where no Caps players were

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
First period we were good in neutral zone and disciplined about getting across red line and getting puck deep, making Sabres D fetch puck and absorb hits. Second period, we stopped doing that consistently

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
We need some forwards other than Ovie and Oshie to start scoring goals again. Eller, willy, vrana, sheary, backstrom, somebody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->