Post-Game Talk: Caps vs NBCSNd

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
I don't get it. Did I miss something?

Over the years, NBCSN announcers are typically anti-Caps. They will belittle the team and players. Caps are 'hard working', 'blue-collar'. Other team (usually Pens) are 'highly skilled', 'smart'. Other team (usually Pens) gets poked with errant stick they will screech and moan for a 5 minute major with 30 angles of replays. We take a high stick with blood they claim it's an accident and move on quickly. So on and so forth.

Just listen to the adjectives they use and try to keep an open mind. Might be different tonight with Chicago struggling.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Small sample...TBF I agreed with about 10% of his criticisms. But holy cow... 'act like a man', 'don't be a baby'

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Small sample...TBF I agreed with about 10% of his criticisms. But holy cow... 'act like a man', 'don't be a baby'

See, I think Milbury is pretty much correct in what he said. Ovechkin's back checking and heart has always been a problem. Leaders are supposed to lead, and the guys making the money have to show up when it matters.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
analysts can be critical and they should be. But Milbury has hate and range when he talks about Ovie, same with guys like Cherry. I don't know why, I don't know if the Russian Redwings days is still salty to Canadian boys or what, but they don't like Ovie. I honestly think they would hate on Malkin too if he wasn't crosbys sidekick.

I also think there is a level of pandering to the larger fan bases. Its why teams like phili/nyr/detriot/Chicago get treaded differently. Teams that carry the ratings are going to get smashed like we do because more TVs will get turned off if Milbury was crushing Lundquist or Toews.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Caps have won 6 of the last 7 vs Chicago, Caps struggle without Oshie, but still come away with a 4-1 win. Bottom 6 leads the way.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Ovechkin-Backstrom-Wilson
Vrana-Kuznetsov-Chiasson
Connolly-Eller-Boyd
Stephenson-Beagle-DSP

Orlov-Niskanen
Orpik-Carlson
Djoos-Bowey

lines tonight

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The first Crosby mention will be when they talk about Ovy and his “resurgence” and they’ll mention coming into the league with Crosby together....might have something to do with Crosby dipping now Ovy on the rise, “but still searching for that elusive first Stanley Cup”...

5-2 good guys.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
The first Crosby mention will be when they talk about Ovy and his “resurgence” and they’ll mention coming into the league with Crosby together....might have something to do with Crosby dipping now Ovy on the rise, “but still searching for that elusive first Stanley Cup”...

5-2 good guys.

If they bring up a "resurgence" of ovies game, it will be compared to Crosby's "resurgence" after his injury. To which they will say Crosby overcame more and is playing an overall better game.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->