twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Me, immediately after Hagelin had the puck on his stick for a breakaway:

upload_2021-11-6_22-58-57.gif

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
The game was that bad, huh.

About letting the kids play. Lavi is an old school coach which I respect. The problem is we have so many top 6 players out, you have to play the kids. But I also think it's a very longggg season. Give them more responsibility incrementally. And by the end of the season they'll be ready.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I don't understand why the linesman did blow his whistle on that Kuzy entry late in the 3rd.
If you are not sure, don't blow the whiste, let the play continue. And if he scores and it was an offisde, Phily coaching staff will take the challenge.
But with that call (certainly a bad call) you take an opportunity away to score a goal.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Guess I am fortunately I didn’t get to see this game. But interesting on the minutes because the youngins did get more minutes that they have and the 4th line didn’t play nearly as much as it looked based on what this board was saying. Now I didn’t watch the game so maybe they were deployed a lot and then took a short shift.

CMM: 12:15
Jimi: 12:32
Leason: 10:16
Dowd: 12:00
Hags: 11:59
Hath: 12:59

I’m OK with that distribution. Not a single player with less than 10 minutes. OV and Kuzy only forwards over 20 minutes.

Reactions: Calicaps

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Also, the 4th line is the 4th line. Not the third and not the second. They get scoring chances when the first three lines are generating chances and then they come in and get opportunistic. It’s unfair for us to think that just because they are deployed as a third line, they will score as a third line.

4th line will be fine when we have some key players back and they can actually play the role they are supposed to.

If Mantha is an LTIR potential then we should sign / trade for someone and do the TB from last year. I don’t believe that Backstrom will be out until playoffs, but Mantha might. Sounds like TJ will at least try and skate this week. So hopefully he is back in November.

Reactions: Calicaps

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So frustrating to watch. Eller, Dowd, Hathaway, and Hagelin are trash and this team will struggle, especially with injuries, until they’re not. And please fire Schultz into the sun.

Play the kids more. They’re fun to watch and they actually have a chance to contribute offensively.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Guess I am fortunately I didn’t get to see this game. But interesting on the minutes because the youngins did get more minutes that they have and the 4th line didn’t play nearly as much as it looked based on what this board was saying. Now I didn’t watch the game so maybe they were deployed a lot and then took a short shift.

CMM: 12:15
Jimi: 12:32
Leason: 10:16
Dowd: 12:00
Hags: 11:59
Hath: 12:59

I’m OK with that distribution. Not a single player with less than 10 minutes. OV and Kuzy only forwards over 20 minutes.

Jimi was on pp2. That explains his minutes. Dowd, Hags and Hathaway get a lot of the defensive zone starts against the top opposing line and they all get pk toi.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I don’t see Mantha and Oshie as remotely similar. Oshie gives maximum effort, creates plays, scores, throws hits, goes to high-traffic areas, can play center or wing. He is a gamer. Mantha is really none of that IMO. Even as a top guy in Detroit, getting lots of TOI and PP1 time, his best season goal total is 25. To me he is a borderline bust, for a 1st-round pick.
You think Mantha is a borderline bust for a first round pick because his highest goal total is 25 goals. The year he got 25 he only played 67 games. So he was on pace for around 30. The following season he had 16 goals in 43 games again on pace for around 30 goals. His numbers aren't bad for a 20th overall pick.
If you think he is a bust then what do you think of a guy like Eller who picked 13th overall and has never scored 20 goals in a season.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
So frustrating to watch. Eller, Dowd, Hathaway, and Hagelin are trash and this team will struggle, especially with injuries, until they’re not. And please fire Schultz into the sun.

Play the kids more. They’re fun to watch and they actually have a chance to contribute offensively.
all of this

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
GMGM? lol
I knew Stephenson was a good 2 way player. I watched him play juniors. He was very good defensively even in the WHL. He was also a solid offensive player.
Right now his offensive production is higher than anyone would have thought. I doubt that he can sustain this pace. Glad he is playing well.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad