Post-Game Talk: Caps v Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Well VV is pretty terrible.. so that'd probably be a correct assumption. Btw do you have anything original or do you just regurgitate your old posts?
Would you rate VV as terrible? I don't know. Maybe. I would definitely say he average at best.

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
Hey - rangers fan in peace. I have Wilson in my hockey pool (let’s just say between him and Buchnevich, I’ve won PIMs handily. Saw he left the game. Noticed he still averaged 15 mins of ice time and got a few shots on goal. Was that an error by NHL.com, or did he return to the game. Twitter is mostly just talking trash about his injury so I really couldn’t tell if he returned or not. And yes, I’m probably the only rangers fan who was hoping he wouldn’t be suspended (for selfish pool reasons) lol

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Hey - rangers fan in peace. I have Wilson in my hockey pool (let’s just say between him and Buchnevich, I’ve won PIMs handily. Saw he left the game. Noticed he still averaged 15 mins of ice time and got a few shots on goal. Was that an error by NHL.com, or did he return to the game. Twitter is mostly just talking trash about his injury so I really couldn’t tell if he returned or not. And yes, I’m probably the only rangers fan who was hoping he wouldn’t be suspended (for selfish pool reasons) lol
He came back and seemed fine so hopefully he dodged a bullet there.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Would you rate VV as terrible? I don't know. Maybe. I would definitely say he average at best.

I would. zero crease awareness, can't control rebounds to save his life.. scores goals on himself. If he's not terrible.. he's very bad.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Gutsy win by the Caps. Shame they won't win the division but just get into the playoffs and you've got a puncher's chance.

Just rest everyone against the Broons and get ready for the playoffs.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
So I missed the game with a lower body injury out of sympathy for the entire PP1 unit, but I read this thread (don't know why) and I want to present to you all the first installment of "KSDs things that don't matter at all".

Todd Reirden won 2 Division Titles here.
Peter Laviolette is 0-1 at winning a Division Title here.

I've hated the regular season for a long time, the playoffs are what matters and as long as Oshie isn't broken and Ovi heals up in time, I have a lot of confidence in this team lead by Lavi in the playoffs. Bring em on!!!

Caps should give every single guy in Hershey who hasn't made his NHL debut a sweater on Monday.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Great game from Anderson!
Can't believe they pulled out the 2 pts when it was heading towards a 1-0 blanking, nice to see Ell Tigre finally get rewarded, he's been snakebit for awhile
Locking up the 2 seed is fine and dandy -- time to get everyone healthy as possible

Reactions: Calicaps

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Mantha isn't the worst passer but I have noticed his passing has been off.

It's his touch/short passes that have been picked off. Either it is something that he can have corrected now that he's on a team with much better coaching or it could be because he's still getting use to the system and habits/patterns of his teammates. He's doing a lot of good things. I think over time(this seasons playoffs and next season) he we will become a better player.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Character Cup incoming this summer. Nice win and another team-building experience.

I assume the Bruins will wipe the floor with the Islanders on monday so hoping for a solid 50-hit game against the Bruins on tuesday with the dinged up guys sitting out.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles

Considering he's a rookie and 25 years old, I think Vitek can only get better. The numbers he's put up this season(gaa and sv%), tells me he's an above average goalie. We basically have had a 3rd string goalie that helped the Caps get 20 wins. Rookies/3rd stringers don't normally do that. Now, staying with reality the Caps are taking a huge risk with Vitek being the #1 goalie going into the playoffs. He maybe could hold up or he could look really bad. He's overachieved and I would be pleasantly surprised if he holds up to start the playoffs. My personal belief is you go with Anderson and turn it into an advantage with his experience. I'm not sure the Caps can get away with a Grubauer/Holtby situation like back in the '18 playoffs.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->