May 23, 2015
Belgium
I was thinking the other night.

Home ice vs Bruins or Isles = good
Home ice vs Pens = don't care

If we have to play Pens in the playoffs we all know how it will start
Game 1 win for Pens
Game 2 win for Caps

So it's maybe even better to start on the road with them so we can play without any pressure in the first 2 games.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
The song remains the same...
Win 2 in Reg. and we're guaranteed 1st
With BOS + PIT both having 3pm games we'll better know where things stand by gametime

Hope the team shows up tonight vs. last night's low energy output
Play a full game and get Mr. Anderson et al a big W

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
With everyone spent this is the kind of game you hope turns into a lower key 1-0 territory battle. Need some virtuoso netminding tonight to take the pressure off the tired skaters.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
With everyone spent this is the kind of game you hope turns into a lower key 1-0 territory battle. Need some virtuoso netminding tonight to take the pressure off the tired skaters.
Agree, though I honestly expect them to be less depleted tonight. It wasn't really physical exhaustion, IMO, so much as mental/emotional. That should be further in the rear view now.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I dont get not carrying about game 7 home ice v Pittsburgh. I will take every advantage possible. Win tonight
Umm..history suggests the home ice is anything but advantage when it's game 7 and it's Pittsburgh. I'd actually prefer it to be on the road if the Caps happen to find themselves in that situation this year.

Reactions: max21

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
That first game in relief of Sammy or VV, I forget who, Anderson looked atrocious. But the guy hadn't played a game in a year.

He has been solid after that game, not spectacular but solid if I remember correctly.

Reactions: Calicaps

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
LiquidVigorousAzurevase-size_restricted.gif

crab

Jan 26, 2019
That first game in relief of Sammy or VV, I forget who, Anderson looked atrocious. But the guy hadn't played a game in a year.

He has been solid after that game, not spectacular but solid if I remember correctly.

Ya his play didn’t inspire confidence. You never know though, worse goalies have caught fire in the playoffs before.

Reactions: tenken00

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
Anderson won his one game this season. Did he not? If he doesnt, we can blame Samsonov.
Goalies don't win games. The Capitals won the game he started. He had an .885 save percentage and that was good enough for the team to be able to win that particular game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad