Confirmed with Link: Caps trade for Mantha for Vrana, Panik, 2021 1st, 22 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I’m thinking 3 years at $5.7M (which would make grading the trade in 3 years super easy), 2 years for a lower rate, 4+ years at a higher rate

not for nothing but he will want more if his scoring pace continues. 30/30 ballpark at current pace.

his agent should be wetting himself.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
not for nothing but he will want more if his scoring pace continues. 30/30 ballpark at current pace.

his agent should be wetting himself.
They might insist on 2 years, I think that walks him to free agency plus the cap would probably see a normal increase

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
That gets it done. That is a lot though. but i think they will higher cap hit/shorter contract. I think more like 6.oMx 2.
TBH for the wings it doesnt matter. They have so much cap space they can retain and get more picks when they trade him.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
One thing I’ll miss about El Snek is watching him skate. He’s like Kuzy and Mike Green in the sense where they can accelerate and blow by people in two strides and it looks like they’re not even skating that hard. The edge work is incredible.

Reactions: Calicaps

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
One thing I’ll miss about El Snek is watching him skate. He’s like Kuzy and Mike Green in the sense where they can accelerate and blow by people in two strides and it looks like they’re not even skating that hard. The edge work is incredible.
I thought his skating is more based on his athleticism than fluid stride. Sure stride looks nice too but not at the same level as those two.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I think Detroit's next Vrana deal will be similar to Wilson's last deal. Jakes side will want 2 years to get him to UFA so he can cash in. Stevie Y will want term. The compromise will be term at a rate higher than it seems he's worth at the time, with the hope that he plays himself into the value. 5x5.5 or so sounds right. Especially if he scores in a bunch to finish the season. Goals = dollars and Jake could make the case that it was just the mean old Caps and Cruel Lavi that were holding him back from 40 goal seasons.

Reactions: Calicaps and max21

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
On the Caps board they're making up things they saw on the Wings board I guess. No one said anything like this.

Anyway please continue to enjoy Mantha, too many Wings fans hate on him for no reason.
back up a brinks truck to vranas house, give him mantha contract
Probably was a joke, but I remember reading it. I’d love to see Vrana get paid and keep producing

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
If it had to be one, it has to be Kuzy. A motivated Kuzy >>>> a motivated Vrana. It's the pure simple truth, and we all know it.

Now if Kuzy can just keep it up.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Why did Vrana play so little v Dallas?

Huh? He got regular shifts, even late in the game, and the top F on Detroit got 17:45 while Jake got 14:31, a 3:14 difference. He wasn't "benched", its juts that the ice time just seemed to play out weird with some long shifts.

NHL Stats

He'll definitely get benched some day, but the day after scoring 4 goals was not that day.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Huh? He got regular shifts, even late in the game, and the top F on Detroit got 17:45 while Jake got 14:31, a 3:14 difference. He wasn't "benched", its juts that the ice time just seemed to play out weird with some long shifts.

NHL Stats

He'll definitely get benched some day, but the day after scoring 4 goals was not that day.

Only Panik and Svechnikov played less than Vrana at forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad