Confirmed with Link: Caps trade for Mantha for Vrana, Panik, 2021 1st, 22 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Question: Are you the same Wings/Caps fan that met up with Ted and GMGM before?
Nope, I have never met Ted or GMGM.

I know a couple people that knew TJ when he was growing up in WA, that's about as close as I come to knowing any current Caps player or staff. They all have good things to say about TJ as a person.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Oh, can I come? I spent a few weeks in/around Detroit in the early 2010s for work, and while I was there attended a Wings preseason game. So I think I have relevant justified fandom.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Looking back, I don't recall any RedWings fans at that meeting, but great googly moogly, that whole thing was just surreal at this point. A bunch of us "if we knew the game" folks trying to tell GMGM how to build his roster. No wonder he left halfway through it.

Predates my account here, but I was posting on the official board and other independent boards. I was invited but didn't go. My impression was it was a means to get the loudest shitposters like myself into a room where we could all be either turned, or humiliated.

I don't know if that's what happened but IMO Ted changed a lot over the years (as have I) and something like that would never happen now.

Reactions: crab

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Predates my account here, but I was posting on the official board and other independent boards. I was invited but didn't go. My impression was it was a means to get the loudest shitposters like myself into a room where we could all be either turned, or humiliated.

I don't know if that's what happened but IMO Ted changed a lot over the years (as have I) and something like that would never happen now.

Pretty much... their goal for the meeting was to get the critics in line. Our goal for the meeting was to teach GMGM how to properly build a roster, LOL.

In the end neither side got what they wanted out of it, but I guess kudos to Ted for at least facilitating it. In the end I think Ted is one of the very best owners in hockey if not all sports, the Lizards not withstanding.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Uh oh?! The plot is thickening.
Altho the individual you are referring to has several spelling and grammatical tells in posts....thus far no lights have lit for me on that end.

I thought there was a Caps/Wings fan. CharacterGuy? Or something.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
I remember he went to RPI, apparently he’s an engineer

1992-93 Revisited: Rocket scientist Juneau was no ordinary Joe

"For one, he's an actual rocket scientist - he earned a degree in aeronautical engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute before playing in the NHL, providing him the kind of job security few players have. It's part of the reason why he opted not to join the Bruins immediately following his time with RPI, as he explained to Patrick Cwiklinski of the Hockey News in 2011:"

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Mantha’s Corsi in 3 games is 42 for, 24 against for 63.6%, he and Osh were 2/1, 1/2 in the 2 wins

Last edited:
Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
Truly happy for Vrana, but trying to imagine the gall it takes to go onto an opposing team’s forum just to let them know the player they recently trade scored four times with no other commentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->