Prospect Info: Caps Top Prospects General Discussion Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Sounds like Protas is on his way, and Maclellan wants Alexeyev and Nardella to follow once their seasons are over

debating top 10 lists in the prospect forum right now, how do you guys see it right now
for the caps?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
1. McMichael
2. Lapierre
3. Alexeyev
4. Fehervary
5. Protas
6. Leason
7. Nardella
8. Gibson
9. AJF
10. Magnusson

haven't paid much attention to trineyev, but he was a favorite of mine in october.
down year or just caps other guys doing well?

Capagonia

Oct 20, 2009
VA
haven't paid much attention to trineyev, but he was a favorite of mine in october.
down year or just caps other guys doing well?

He seems to be having a good year I just don't think I'd put him in my top 10, plus I honestly don't see much about MHL/VHL games unless he scores a goal. I honestly forgot Pilon who's having an incredible year in the AHL. I might put him somewhere between 6-8.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Depends on how you define prospect by age. Some of our “prospects” like Snivley and Pinho at 25 and Maillette at 28 may be aged out a bit but have them on a short window:
1. McMichael
2. Alexyev
3. Lapierre
4. Protas
5. Fehervary
6. Pilon
7. Malenstyn
8. Leason
9. Nardella
10. Snively

I think the top 5 have decent NHL career potential. The bottom five are potential last line/pair in more short frame. I have some optimism for Clark, Leason, Riat, Has but they still a lot of work to do. Leason is a wildcard but put him at 8 cause he is young. Gibson is long shot. Need to find another young goaltender who can come up in 5 years.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
1. McMichael
2. Fehervary
3. Alexeyev
4. Lapierre
5. Protas
[Gigantic gap]
6. Pilon
7. Malenstyn
8. Nardella
[Really reaching from this point out]
9. Snively
10. Trineyev

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Trineyev about to rocket up these rankings in the next year or so.
Only if he continues to develop. Lighting up the MHL is exciting, but it's not exactly a super competitive league compared to the CHL. And in his time playing against men in the VHL, he looked like a 19 year old (and even more so in his KHL cup of coffee).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->