Prospect Info: Caps Top Prospects General Discussion Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
From what I understand from some reporting I’ve seen, Protas should be headed to Hershey. It sounds like some Visa/COVID border restrictions will prevent him from entering Canada at this point to join Prince Albert. Because of that he will be able to join the Bears as long as he can’t enter Canada.
Love to get him some games in Hershey!

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
From what I understand from some reporting I’ve seen, Protas should be headed to Hershey. It sounds like some Visa/COVID border restrictions will prevent him from entering Canada at this point to join Prince Albert. Because of that he will be able to join the Bears as long as he can’t enter Canada.

Protas will NOT be returning to the Prince Albert Raiders this year. But no one knows what this means: if he's allowed to go to Hershey or not. What a jumbled mess.

Aliaksei Protas Named “Best Rookie” In First Round Of KHL Playoffs

It is uncertain as to what the next step will be for Protas at this point in 2021. Prince Albert media has confirmed that he will not be returning to the Raiders this season, due to the logistics involved in having a player return from Europe. (He would need a national interest exemption from the Canadian government—much like incoming players and teams did for the World Juniors in Edmonton this past holiday season. Then he would have to serve a two-week quarantine).

It is unclear at this point if he would be able to report to Hershey. In a “normal” season Protas would not be eligible due to age and CHL eligibility requirements. However, because the WHL will not be allowing European players to return for their abbreviated season, it is uncertain if this allows Protas some leeway in playing in the AHL.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Lapierre is clearly their best prospect talent wise. Not because he scores a lot of points but because of how he scores. The guy generates offense, not feeds off of someone. Protas and CMM are more of a complimentary pieces, not enough IQ to be a gamebreaker.

Reactions: tenken00

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
All of them are young and have some time. Lapierre needs to get a lot stronger to compete at next level (AHL). Watched Hershey play on Sunday and I thought CMM looked really good. I think he can play in NHL next year although i suspect he’ll suit up in Hershey and be first callup at Center. I’m a bit worried about Fever as he doesn’t look to be progressing. Pilon looks legit. I can see him getting a real look on right side with Sprong and can also play center.

Reactions: tenken00

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
A friendly reminder: Kovalchuk is impact player for Avangard.

So you need to take all good things Protas has done in KHL and consider it as not necessarily a predictor of NHL success.

If he can polish his game in Hershey this season it'd be huge.

Two ships passing in the opposite direction

Johnny Danger

Jul 7, 2002
Suisse
Visit site
Garret Pilon seems to make a big step this year. He's having more than a point per game right now in Hershey. 16 Points. And he has almost nobody to help him (Sgarbossa is the 2nd best scorer with 10 points) ... i'm expexting Pilon to be called up soon.

any more thoughts about his development? Would be interested ...

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad