Prospect Info: Caps Top Prospects General Discussion Thread Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Can he play there at 19?
AFAIK age doesn't matter if the CHL guys come in after their junior season is completed and they sign amateur tryout agreements.

Edit: Garrett Mitchell, Tom Wilson, Garrett Pilon, Chandler Stephenson, Cody Eakin and Stefan Della Rovere are all guys who came to Hershey after their junior season was over. Mitchell, Pilon, Eakin and Della Rovere all went back to their junior teams the next season.

Last edited:

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Safe to say that MF just stripped AA of his position?

I think some people would say that already happened earlier in the year when MF got some games to start the NHL season. I think in the minds of people here, MF is the higher prospect right now.

I like to think their potential is both very high, just that Fehervary is more ready to make the jump, especially after playing against players much older than him professionally in the SHL.

Alexeyev unfortunately has had to deal with some injury setbacks and this is his first year in a professional league. But if Fever really does enjoy the right side, maybe these two would make for a future Caps pairing for many years. They are good friends.

Last edited:

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
I feel like the potential for AA and MF both to make the roster is fairly high next year since Gudas is going to get paid and potentially one of Jensen or Kempny could be traded at the TDL. As for CMM, I can almost guarantee that he will fit somewhere in the bottom six or maybe could be promoted to the 2nd line depending on how Oshie's play stacks up next year.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
3 assists for McMichael..1 primary two secondary. 5 back from scoring lead.
Those numbers are from Saturday’s game, not last night’s. McMichael had a rare 0+0 outing last night in a 5-2 London win

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
February Sportsnet 2020 rankings. Unless Barron slides to them or a secondary D rises late, I've got to believe BPA is very likely a forward. I continue to believe Foerster, Mysak, Bordeleau and Neighbours merit first round consideration, granting this class more depth among forwards than usual.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Ridly Greig feels like the exact profile of player they'd go after.
Another WHLer Neighbours may be a smidge better and equally viable as a fast-tracking bottom sixer. He profiles similar to Leipsic only bigger, more disruptive as a forechecker and more likely to put up points and potentially play up the lineup. Jarvis probably has the best upside of those WHLers.

The only player I'd shy away from in this range is Poirier because he's such a project defensively. His ETA is probably not something they'd be comfortable with barring being really impressed by his strengths/game-breaking potential. Doubtful. I'd be fine with everyone else listed and another handful on the fringe like Foerster or Mysak. I think they probably have the depth competitiveness features in the system already to where it shouldn't be a distinguishing feature so much as their typical tendency toward upside.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand

Scratch all of what I've been saying about this guy. He needs to be traded before he turns into LuJo the Day-to-Day.

I'm gettting Eugene from Hey, Arnold vibes from him. Or even Nevill Longbottom from Harry Potter.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
CMM with 38 goals in 39 games. Best player on the best team of the Western Conference and has 23 more points than the next best guy in his team (Merkley has 62 with 8 more games played). 5 goals away from Quinn for league-lead in goals, and 6 points away from Rossi for league-lead in points. It's going to be tough to catch them since they both play on an insanely good Ottawa 67's team (7 losses all season!), but he can do it. Even if he stays close he should still be a good bet to get some trophies after the season.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

Scratch all of what I've been saying about this guy. He needs to be traded before he turns into LuJo the Day-to-Day.

I'm gettting Eugene from Hey, Arnold vibes from him. Or even Nevill Longbottom from Harry Potter.

Relax, he came back and finished the game. Let’s not act like that wasn’t a dangerous hit either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->